Jan 9, 2013, 11:39 AM EST
The NHL Board of Governors is expected to ratify the league’s new CBA today in New York.
Commissioner Gary Bettman will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. ET.
The players will vote electronically on the agreement on Thursday and Friday, paving the way for training camp to start Sunday.
Bettman, who’s known to run BOG meetings with strict efficiency, may still have to answer some tough questions about the agreement he negotiated with NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr.
“I’m not sure that this is the deal anybody expected,” a league executive told the Ottawa Sun on Tuesday. “I’m sure he’s going to have to answer some questions. A lot of teams will just be happy that hockey is back and won’t rock the boat.”
Tough questions are one thing, but even if some owners are less than pleased, what’s done is done and there’s not much point in getting on the wrong side of the commissioner.
Chances are today won’t have any surprises.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)