Jan 9, 2013, 11:39 AM EDT
The NHL Board of Governors is expected to ratify the league’s new CBA today in New York.
Commissioner Gary Bettman will hold a press conference at 4 p.m. ET.
The players will vote electronically on the agreement on Thursday and Friday, paving the way for training camp to start Sunday.
Bettman, who’s known to run BOG meetings with strict efficiency, may still have to answer some tough questions about the agreement he negotiated with NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr.
“I’m not sure that this is the deal anybody expected,” a league executive told the Ottawa Sun on Tuesday. “I’m sure he’s going to have to answer some questions. A lot of teams will just be happy that hockey is back and won’t rock the boat.”
Tough questions are one thing, but even if some owners are less than pleased, what’s done is done and there’s not much point in getting on the wrong side of the commissioner.
Chances are today won’t have any surprises.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 0
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 28
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 39
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 152
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)