Jan 8, 2013, 2:02 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are set to invite veteran defenseman Mike Commodore to training camp, according to a report from RDS.
Commodore, 33, signed a deal with Montreal’s AHL Hamilton affiliate in November in the hopes of continuing his NHL career — he’s since appeared in 13games with the Bulldogs, registering one assist and 24 PIM.
The 33-year-old split last season between Detroit and Tampa Bay, notching two assists in 30 games while averaging just over 12 minutes per night.
The Lightning didn’t extend Commodore’s contract for 2012-13, making him an unrestricted free agent.
While the invite’s a positive step for Commodore, he’ll be in tough finding a spot on Montreal’s crowded blueline. Seven guys (Andrei Markov, Tomas Kaberle, Josh Gorges, Alexei Emelin, Francis Bouillon, Raphael Diaz, Yannick Weber) are currendly under contract and an eighth — PK Subban — will reportedly be signed soon.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
His name is Kyle Dubas.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Click for the full schedule of games on NBC and NBCSN.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Had 14 goals and 15 assists, with 209 PIM, in 2013-14.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Excited to join “the toughest team” the Leafs played last season,
Jul 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They didn’t make any big splashes this summer.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That and all the links to start your day.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
He does know what the advanced stats say though.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
More depth for a Stanley Cup hopeful.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Trade rumors around the Jets star never stop swirling.
Jul 21, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Mike Johnston is going out of his way to know his players.
Jul 21, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
But hasn’t been charged with a crime.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Edmonton’s 2014 first-round pick wants to stick around right away.
Jul 21, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
He becomes an unrestricted free agent if he isn’t signed by Aug. 15.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
(He’s the tall one in the middle.)
Jul 21, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
“That’s an exciting guy to watch.”
Jul 21, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“There are many reasons, but I do not want to go into details,” she said in a statement.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Rangers countered with a two-year deal at $2.05M per.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Avoiding arbitration in the process.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Yeah, this one’s going to arbitration.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
“We are looking forward to having Vladimir in a Blues uniform when he returns to the NHL,” said GM Doug Armstrong.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 2
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 12
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 53
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)