Jan 8, 2013, 10:36 AM EST
Mikhail Grigorenko will get a chance to make this year’s Buffalo Sabres after all.
Grigorenko was taken with the 12th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. Since then, he has scored 29 goals and 50 points in 30 games with the QMJHL’s Quebec Remparts.
He was also a key member of Team Russia in the 2013 World Junior Championship.
The Sabres will be able to use Grigorenko in up to nine games before this would count as the first year of his entry-level contract. If they decide he’s not ready or isn’t getting sufficient ice time, Buffalo would have the option of returning him to the Remparts prior to his 10th NHL contest.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 25
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)