Jan 7, 2013, 8:30 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
If you thought previous iterations of the Morning Skate were thin on stories… They were. Such is life during a lockout. Welcome to what life is normally like here every morning.
What’s causing a possible season starting date from being announced? Logistics. (USA Today)
Here’s your comprehensive breakdown of the new CBA and what the future might bring under it. (Globe And Mail)
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock is ready and rearing to go. (Red Wings Front)
Blue Jackets players are excited to get to training camp. (Columbus Dispatch)
Bob Hartley is excited to finally coach the Calgary Flames. He does know what team he’s got, right? (Globe And Mail)
Ottawa is already trying to win the fans back. (Senators Extra)
Scot Beckenbaugh is the hero of the lockout and he’s just a federal mediator. (Globe And Mail)
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 11
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 90
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL