Jan 7, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
It was pretty much a given that the end of the NHL lockout would be front page news in Canada…
…but would American newspapers give it the same treatment? Let’s take a look:
Obviously this isn’t the most scientific way to measure a market’s level of interest in hockey. Sorry Capitals, but RG3’s getting the big headline today in Washington. (Go Seahawks!) And some papers are more sports-focused than others. But all of the ones we looked at had at least a mention, though you have to look pretty hard at the Denver Post.
Anyway, if we missed your local paper, here’s where we got all the front pages from.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 14
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28