Jan 7, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
It was pretty much a given that the end of the NHL lockout would be front page news in Canada…
…but would American newspapers give it the same treatment? Let’s take a look:
Obviously this isn’t the most scientific way to measure a market’s level of interest in hockey. Sorry Capitals, but RG3’s getting the big headline today in Washington. (Go Seahawks!) And some papers are more sports-focused than others. But all of the ones we looked at had at least a mention, though you have to look pretty hard at the Denver Post.
Anyway, if we missed your local paper, here’s where we got all the front pages from.
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 16
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7