Jan 7, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
It was pretty much a given that the end of the NHL lockout would be front page news in Canada…
…but would American newspapers give it the same treatment? Let’s take a look:
Obviously this isn’t the most scientific way to measure a market’s level of interest in hockey. Sorry Capitals, but RG3’s getting the big headline today in Washington. (Go Seahawks!) And some papers are more sports-focused than others. But all of the ones we looked at had at least a mention, though you have to look pretty hard at the Denver Post.
Anyway, if we missed your local paper, here’s where we got all the front pages from.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11