Jan 7, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Though we won’t know the exact details of the new CBA until it’s ratified, one thing is for certain: only 16 teams will make the playoffs this season.
“No expansion of the Playoffs being contemplated for this year (and I don’t think any is being contemplated beyond this year either),” deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to Puck Daddy.
It was reported last week before a tentative CBA was reached that the NHL and NHLPA were internally discussing a 20-team postseason. But apparently that’s as far it went.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 24
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 73
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (73)