Jan 7, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
Though we won’t know the exact details of the new CBA until it’s ratified, one thing is for certain: only 16 teams will make the playoffs this season.
“No expansion of the Playoffs being contemplated for this year (and I don’t think any is being contemplated beyond this year either),” deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to Puck Daddy.
It was reported last week before a tentative CBA was reached that the NHL and NHLPA were internally discussing a 20-team postseason. But apparently that’s as far it went.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)