Jan 7, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
Former 30-goal scorer Marek Svatos will attend Florida Panthers training camp, according to player agent Rich Evans.
Evans — who also represents Panthers forward Tomas Fleischmann — announced the news via Twitter on Monday, reporting that Svatos will try to return to action after sitting out all of 2011-12 recovering from injury.
The 30-year-old, who tied Joe Sakic for the Avs goal lead (32) in 2005-06, has had a rough go since tearing his ACL in 2008.
At the time of the injury, he was leading the Avs in scoring (26 goals) — since then, he’s bounced around organizations, which included a bizarre stretch in 2010 where he was signed by the Blues, claimed off waivers by the Predators, waived by the Predators, then claimed by the Senators.
While playing for Ottawa, Svatos suffered a concussion in April on a Jay Rosehill hit that ended his time with the club. He hasn’t played in the NHL since.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)