Jan 6, 2013, 12:40 PM EST
KHL fans enjoyed watching a wealth of locked-out talent, but saying goodbye could be rough.
NHL.com’s Slava Malamud points out that NHL players represented 15 of the league’s 34 All-Star selections, including eight of the 12 starters. Replacing that kind of star power is nearly impossible, but Pavel Datsyuk kinda rubbed it in by scoring this ludicrous shootout goal in CSKA’s 3-2 win on Sunday:
Let’s all welcome Datsyuk back to North America, shall we?
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52