Video: Datsyuk makes sure KHL fans will miss him

Jan 6, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT

Pavel Datsyuk AP

KHL fans enjoyed watching a wealth of locked-out talent, but saying goodbye could be rough.

NHL.com’s Slava Malamud points out that NHL players represented 15 of the league’s 34 All-Star selections, including eight of the 12 starters. Replacing that kind of star power is nearly impossible, but Pavel Datsyuk kinda rubbed it in by scoring this ludicrous shootout goal in CSKA’s 3-2 win on Sunday:

Let’s all welcome Datsyuk back to North America, shall we?

1. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Lets not. KHL is bush league, and all the ruskies who jumped ship and said how great it was, then just should stay there. Please. We don’t need them and thier true colors shined. Thier is some great young talent that Willard us forget the turncoats soon enuff

• Chris - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Really man?

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Never heard a word from Datsyuk, he just went about his business like the consummate pro he is. Watch that video a couple more times if you’re still against him coming back.

• buffbry - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

your a loser it was never datsyuk saying that, he said the minute the NHL comes back he will be back. If you know anything about the NHL datsyuk is one of if not the best player in the league. He plays with heart and plays the game right. Your a douche bag for even posting what you did.

• sjsharks86 - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM

1) They never “Jumped ship” because there wasn’t an NHL season that they could play in, better they play in another league than just sit around waiting for the lockout to end.
      2) Datsyuk is one of the great (if not the greatest) NHL’ers to go overseas and he never said anything negative about the League, just kept his head down and played the game he loves where he was able to.
      3) Based on your improper grammar, spelling/misuse of the word “their” & overall view of the situation, you’re an idiot (or maybe drunk?) & I shouldn’t even waste my time responding to your lame comments, however in an attempt (futile, I’m sure) to correct your narrow-minded views, here I am.

2. misterchainbluelightning - Jan 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM

All I could do was burst out laughing seeing this goal

3. wingsfan05 - Jan 6, 2013 at 12:59 PM

But I’m pretty sure datsyuk wasn’t one of those Russians. So stop talking

4. icelovinbrotha215 - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Datsyuk is dirty. Most skilled puck handler in the NHL.

5. broadstbully33 - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Nasty

6. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Oops im sorry. Must of misread a few quotes from him. Not.

• Chris - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:11 PM

You probably did as its very apparent you are dyslexic and a moron…

7. jeldred04 - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Not sure how to react to the video. I’m trying to figure out to be in aww… or just laugh at how ridiculous he is handling the puck.

8. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 1:49 PM

“I with Homer and Fill,” Datsyuk said. “We special KGB group, me and Homey and Fill. We have European style, jump in and everybody shoot. Ask later, who still alive.”

• polegojim - Jan 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

??? How is that a turn coat statement in any way???

They guy is talking about who he’ll be playing hockey with.

9. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Joey that you? Facts are facts. Or do you have sources too? I have friends and facts. Thanks for pointing out grammar errors,

10. ironballsmcgee - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

that’s an old non-hockey related quote…
    Take into consideration that they were involved in contract negotiations. So even he did say something negative about the NHL, which I don’t think he did, you’d have to take it with a grain of salt. Talking up the KHL as a legitimate replacement to the NHL (whether they really believed it or not) was just a smart bargaining move on their part.

11. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Sorry go wings. Just never was a ruskie fan. I’m with Gen Patton. Never trust them. Pavel love USA dollar. And so do the rest of them. And good for them. He is a great player.

12. scoregasmic - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM

…so you’re racist?

13. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Never. An American. You a communist?

14. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Sorry nationality and race not quite the same……and I’ll still never trust them.

15. scoregasmic - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Yup I’m a communist

16. scoregasmic - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Also I shouldn’t even have to comment on how stupid you sound saying the nationality and race isn’t quite the same thing…

17. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Last year – Houdini PD. $6.7 mil, 19 g 67 pts. Wow! He’s 10% of wings cap. Can he dazzle and stick handle? Yup! Agree with class player while here. Would you not have 6.7 million reasons and 19 g’s not to be?

18. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Yep, in America we have freedom of speech and your opinion as good as mine. You assume I’m a white male do you?

19. scoregasmic - Jan 6, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Hey I’m not saying you can’t be racist if you want to…but generalizing an entire country is racism and you should at least acknowledge that. And no I don’t know you so how can I assume you are white?

20. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Your right I’m wrong. Hammer and sickle time for me. And back to Chernobyl for me. I give.

21. scoregasmic - Jan 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Ah sarcasm nice

22. scoregasmic - Jan 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Stay in school

23. ducksk - Jan 6, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Lets get back to hockey talk. My emotions are still on edge. I welcome all in the world back to the greatest game and its athletes Wherever they are from! That is sincere.

24. kitshky - Jan 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM

@ducksk …

That was some pretty weak trolling, kinda shocked you got any sort of response.

25. hockinj25 - Jan 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Hey guys did you hear the lockout is over

• polegojim - Jan 11, 2013 at 10:21 AM