Jan 6, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Dallas Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s declaration that his team will have a new look in the near future is coming to fruition.
Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News reports the team has gotten an extension to submit new uniform designs for the team to use in the 2013-14 season and the look they’re going for will be quite different than what they’ve got now. Heika lists off three things that will surely be part of their new look.
1. The jerseys will be drastically different from their current look.
2. They’ll have a new logo.
3. Green will be the dominant color.
Sight unseen, these all seem like great ideas for a team that’s got, arguably, one of the most drab appearances in the NHL. Their current home and road jerseys just read “DALLAS” across the front and the team’s logo has been relegated to the shoulders. The logo itself is pretty plain and in recent years they’ve used black and gold more dominantly than green.
It’s just an aesthetic change for a team that’s been in transition the last few seasons, but hey, sometimes success comes with a new look. Just ask the Anaheim Ducks.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20