Jan 6, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Dallas Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s declaration that his team will have a new look in the near future is coming to fruition.
Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News reports the team has gotten an extension to submit new uniform designs for the team to use in the 2013-14 season and the look they’re going for will be quite different than what they’ve got now. Heika lists off three things that will surely be part of their new look.
1. The jerseys will be drastically different from their current look.
2. They’ll have a new logo.
3. Green will be the dominant color.
Sight unseen, these all seem like great ideas for a team that’s got, arguably, one of the most drab appearances in the NHL. Their current home and road jerseys just read “DALLAS” across the front and the team’s logo has been relegated to the shoulders. The logo itself is pretty plain and in recent years they’ve used black and gold more dominantly than green.
It’s just an aesthetic change for a team that’s been in transition the last few seasons, but hey, sometimes success comes with a new look. Just ask the Anaheim Ducks.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)