Jan 6, 2013, 6:57 PM EST
Dallas Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s declaration that his team will have a new look in the near future is coming to fruition.
Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News reports the team has gotten an extension to submit new uniform designs for the team to use in the 2013-14 season and the look they’re going for will be quite different than what they’ve got now. Heika lists off three things that will surely be part of their new look.
1. The jerseys will be drastically different from their current look.
2. They’ll have a new logo.
3. Green will be the dominant color.
Sight unseen, these all seem like great ideas for a team that’s got, arguably, one of the most drab appearances in the NHL. Their current home and road jerseys just read “DALLAS” across the front and the team’s logo has been relegated to the shoulders. The logo itself is pretty plain and in recent years they’ve used black and gold more dominantly than green.
It’s just an aesthetic change for a team that’s been in transition the last few seasons, but hey, sometimes success comes with a new look. Just ask the Anaheim Ducks.
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 44
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31