Jan 6, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Dallas Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s declaration that his team will have a new look in the near future is coming to fruition.
Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News reports the team has gotten an extension to submit new uniform designs for the team to use in the 2013-14 season and the look they’re going for will be quite different than what they’ve got now. Heika lists off three things that will surely be part of their new look.
1. The jerseys will be drastically different from their current look.
2. They’ll have a new logo.
3. Green will be the dominant color.
Sight unseen, these all seem like great ideas for a team that’s got, arguably, one of the most drab appearances in the NHL. Their current home and road jerseys just read “DALLAS” across the front and the team’s logo has been relegated to the shoulders. The logo itself is pretty plain and in recent years they’ve used black and gold more dominantly than green.
It’s just an aesthetic change for a team that’s been in transition the last few seasons, but hey, sometimes success comes with a new look. Just ask the Anaheim Ducks.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38