Jan 6, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
Dallas Stars owner Tom Gaglardi’s declaration that his team will have a new look in the near future is coming to fruition.
Mike Heika of The Dallas Morning News reports the team has gotten an extension to submit new uniform designs for the team to use in the 2013-14 season and the look they’re going for will be quite different than what they’ve got now. Heika lists off three things that will surely be part of their new look.
1. The jerseys will be drastically different from their current look.
2. They’ll have a new logo.
3. Green will be the dominant color.
Sight unseen, these all seem like great ideas for a team that’s got, arguably, one of the most drab appearances in the NHL. Their current home and road jerseys just read “DALLAS” across the front and the team’s logo has been relegated to the shoulders. The logo itself is pretty plain and in recent years they’ve used black and gold more dominantly than green.
It’s just an aesthetic change for a team that’s been in transition the last few seasons, but hey, sometimes success comes with a new look. Just ask the Anaheim Ducks.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)