Jan 6, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Once the new CBA is signed off on, teams will be headed to training camp. While some worry about camp being only about a week long, at least one player thinks it’s the perfect amount of time to get ready.
“I think it’s way too long,” said Ott, who recently began ramping up his workouts with [Mike] Weber. “I think if guys aren’t prepared and ready to go in the three-to-five day scenario, then shame on them. … I don’t think it’s going to be a problem at all. It’s more just getting the rust off the blades and being in game situations.”
It’s possible the players might’ve had to make due with just a few days if talks went all the way up to the NHL’s apparent deadline to get something done, but that’s not the case here. Judging by everything else Ott had to say in his interview with the Times Herald, expect him to be in his usual form right from the get-go.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39