Jan 6, 2013, 9:55 PM EDT
Once the new CBA is signed off on, teams will be headed to training camp. While some worry about camp being only about a week long, at least one player thinks it’s the perfect amount of time to get ready.
“I think it’s way too long,” said Ott, who recently began ramping up his workouts with [Mike] Weber. “I think if guys aren’t prepared and ready to go in the three-to-five day scenario, then shame on them. … I don’t think it’s going to be a problem at all. It’s more just getting the rust off the blades and being in game situations.”
It’s possible the players might’ve had to make due with just a few days if talks went all the way up to the NHL’s apparent deadline to get something done, but that’s not the case here. Judging by everything else Ott had to say in his interview with the Times Herald, expect him to be in his usual form right from the get-go.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42