Jan 6, 2013, 5:26 PM EDT
Now that the NHL lockout has come to an end, you better believe all of us here at NBC Sports are excited to get back to watching hockey.
NBC Sports & NBCSN Executive Producer Sam Flood had this to say about the end of the 113-day work stoppage.
“Doc, Edzo, Pierre and our entire production team are counting the seconds until the season begins so we can get back to doing what we love: telling the story of the annual quest to win the Stanley Cup, the greatest trophy in sports. Let’s drop the puck.”
NBC’s lead play-by-play man and broadcasting legend Doc Emrick followed with a thought of his own.
“Only one chance to make a good first impression. I have no doubt the players will do just that. They will have to. The effect of even a two-game losing streak will be four.”
A shortened season should make the whole thing feel like a run to the playoffs. Game on, everyone.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 22
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 105
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115