Jan 6, 2013, 4:20 PM EST
Being a 40 year-old free agent is hard. When you’re a free agent still looking for a job after the lockout, it’s even more difficult.
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times spoke with current free agent and former Capitals forward Mike Knuble who’s itchy to get a shot with someone. Knuble says his status is still “up in the air” and while he’s been skating with the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL to stay fresh, you have to wonder if he’ll get the chance he’s hoping for.
Perhaps the best thing for Knuble would be to stay in shape and be ready for anything. With a condensed training camp as well as a tight schedule to come for the regular season, there’s going to be injuries and teams are going to have holes to fill.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)