Jan 6, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Being a 40 year-old free agent is hard. When you’re a free agent still looking for a job after the lockout, it’s even more difficult.
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times spoke with current free agent and former Capitals forward Mike Knuble who’s itchy to get a shot with someone. Knuble says his status is still “up in the air” and while he’s been skating with the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL to stay fresh, you have to wonder if he’ll get the chance he’s hoping for.
Perhaps the best thing for Knuble would be to stay in shape and be ready for anything. With a condensed training camp as well as a tight schedule to come for the regular season, there’s going to be injuries and teams are going to have holes to fill.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 3
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 5
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 35
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)