Jan 6, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Being a 40 year-old free agent is hard. When you’re a free agent still looking for a job after the lockout, it’s even more difficult.
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times spoke with current free agent and former Capitals forward Mike Knuble who’s itchy to get a shot with someone. Knuble says his status is still “up in the air” and while he’s been skating with the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL to stay fresh, you have to wonder if he’ll get the chance he’s hoping for.
Perhaps the best thing for Knuble would be to stay in shape and be ready for anything. With a condensed training camp as well as a tight schedule to come for the regular season, there’s going to be injuries and teams are going to have holes to fill.
- Video: Boston quickly erases Chicago’s late lead 0
- Video: Bruins, Hawks combine for five goals in 11 minutes during wild second period 5
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 61
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 24
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming