Jan 6, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Being a 40 year-old free agent is hard. When you’re a free agent still looking for a job after the lockout, it’s even more difficult.
Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times spoke with current free agent and former Capitals forward Mike Knuble who’s itchy to get a shot with someone. Knuble says his status is still “up in the air” and while he’s been skating with the Grand Rapids Griffins in the AHL to stay fresh, you have to wonder if he’ll get the chance he’s hoping for.
Perhaps the best thing for Knuble would be to stay in shape and be ready for anything. With a condensed training camp as well as a tight schedule to come for the regular season, there’s going to be injuries and teams are going to have holes to fill.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 22
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 25
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 15
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 52
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)