Jan 5, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
One thing the lockout hasn’t lacked is a good sound byte. Those involved in both sides of the labor fight have had their moments saying something, but the guys who wear the stripes have been quiet. Veteran referee Paul Devorski has some thoughts, however.
Devorski tells Tim Leone of PennLive.com that the lockout isn’t just an emotional roller coaster for the two sides, it’s something else entirely for him and the officials.
“If you would have asked me in the summertime,” Devorski said, “I would have said, ‘No way, these guys won’t do this again.’ This is my third lockout. I would have never dreamt that we would have gone through this again, even this long.
“I’ve been up and down like a freakin’ toilet seat, my emotions. You think you’re going back to work and all of a sudden it gets squashed. I would love to get back to work.”
Safe to say Devorski isn’t alone in wanting to get back to work. He may be the only one putting this whole situation in terms of a toilet seat.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)