Jan 5, 2013, 3:05 PM EST
One thing the lockout hasn’t lacked is a good sound byte. Those involved in both sides of the labor fight have had their moments saying something, but the guys who wear the stripes have been quiet. Veteran referee Paul Devorski has some thoughts, however.
Devorski tells Tim Leone of PennLive.com that the lockout isn’t just an emotional roller coaster for the two sides, it’s something else entirely for him and the officials.
“If you would have asked me in the summertime,” Devorski said, “I would have said, ‘No way, these guys won’t do this again.’ This is my third lockout. I would have never dreamt that we would have gone through this again, even this long.
“I’ve been up and down like a freakin’ toilet seat, my emotions. You think you’re going back to work and all of a sudden it gets squashed. I would love to get back to work.”
Safe to say Devorski isn’t alone in wanting to get back to work. He may be the only one putting this whole situation in terms of a toilet seat.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 60
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (79)