Jan 5, 2013, 1:34 PM EST
NHL labor talks with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh involved have picked up enough that the two sides are meeting face-to-face this afternoon.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports from sources saying that today could turn out to be a “very good day” in regards to talks. He also says anticipation at the NHLPA’s hotel is picking up and the two sides are down to “minimal issues.”
Take this positive talk with the typical grain of salt we’ve gotten used to using through all this. That said, with the NHLPA potentially (likely?) filing for disclaimer after 6 p.m. ET tonight, perhaps the pressure is on the NHL and players’ union to get something squared away sooner than not.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11