Jan 5, 2013, 1:34 PM EST
NHL labor talks with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh involved have picked up enough that the two sides are meeting face-to-face this afternoon.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports from sources saying that today could turn out to be a “very good day” in regards to talks. He also says anticipation at the NHLPA’s hotel is picking up and the two sides are down to “minimal issues.”
Take this positive talk with the typical grain of salt we’ve gotten used to using through all this. That said, with the NHLPA potentially (likely?) filing for disclaimer after 6 p.m. ET tonight, perhaps the pressure is on the NHL and players’ union to get something squared away sooner than not.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 7
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2