Jan 5, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
NHL labor talks with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh involved have picked up enough that the two sides are meeting face-to-face this afternoon.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports from sources saying that today could turn out to be a “very good day” in regards to talks. He also says anticipation at the NHLPA’s hotel is picking up and the two sides are down to “minimal issues.”
Take this positive talk with the typical grain of salt we’ve gotten used to using through all this. That said, with the NHLPA potentially (likely?) filing for disclaimer after 6 p.m. ET tonight, perhaps the pressure is on the NHL and players’ union to get something squared away sooner than not.
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31