Jan 5, 2013, 1:34 PM EDT
NHL labor talks with federal mediator Scot Beckenbaugh involved have picked up enough that the two sides are meeting face-to-face this afternoon.
TSN’s Darren Dreger reports from sources saying that today could turn out to be a “very good day” in regards to talks. He also says anticipation at the NHLPA’s hotel is picking up and the two sides are down to “minimal issues.”
Take this positive talk with the typical grain of salt we’ve gotten used to using through all this. That said, with the NHLPA potentially (likely?) filing for disclaimer after 6 p.m. ET tonight, perhaps the pressure is on the NHL and players’ union to get something squared away sooner than not.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 5
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 9
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2