Jan 5, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks prospect John Gibson turned his World Junior Championships gold medal winning performance into a huge personal feat.
Gibson pulled off a hat trick of honors winning the tournament MVP award, the best goalie award, and a spot on the media’s all-star team. He finished the tournament with a .955 save percentage and a 1.36 goals against average.
A goalie winning tournament MVP honors is a rare feat in World Juniors. The last goalie to take home that honor was Team Canada netminder and current Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason back in 2008. The Ducks are hoping that isn’t a an ominous omen for Gibson’s future.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 0
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 24
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 25
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming