Jan 5, 2013, 12:10 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks prospect John Gibson turned his World Junior Championships gold medal winning performance into a huge personal feat.
Gibson pulled off a hat trick of honors winning the tournament MVP award, the best goalie award, and a spot on the media’s all-star team. He finished the tournament with a .955 save percentage and a 1.36 goals against average.
A goalie winning tournament MVP honors is a rare feat in World Juniors. The last goalie to take home that honor was Team Canada netminder and current Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason back in 2008. The Ducks are hoping that isn’t a an ominous omen for Gibson’s future.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30