Jan 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
After a dispiriting Thursday, much of this week’s CBA positivity has waned. While a mediator is making trips between the two sides, the NHL and NHLPA haven’t made plans to meet face-to-face on Friday. There’s also no word on weekend meetings just yet.
Oh yeah, we’re just a week away from Gary Bettman’s proclaimed deadline for negotiations.
Will all that in mind, fading optimism is the basic theme of the discussion between TSN’s Darren Dreger and NBC’s Sports Talk crew in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 35
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (35)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)