Jan 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
After a dispiriting Thursday, much of this week’s CBA positivity has waned. While a mediator is making trips between the two sides, the NHL and NHLPA haven’t made plans to meet face-to-face on Friday. There’s also no word on weekend meetings just yet.
Oh yeah, we’re just a week away from Gary Bettman’s proclaimed deadline for negotiations.
Will all that in mind, fading optimism is the basic theme of the discussion between TSN’s Darren Dreger and NBC’s Sports Talk crew in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)