Jan 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
After a dispiriting Thursday, much of this week’s CBA positivity has waned. While a mediator is making trips between the two sides, the NHL and NHLPA haven’t made plans to meet face-to-face on Friday. There’s also no word on weekend meetings just yet.
Oh yeah, we’re just a week away from Gary Bettman’s proclaimed deadline for negotiations.
Will all that in mind, fading optimism is the basic theme of the discussion between TSN’s Darren Dreger and NBC’s Sports Talk crew in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 24
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)