Jan 4, 2013, 10:00 PM EST
After a dispiriting Thursday, much of this week’s CBA positivity has waned. While a mediator is making trips between the two sides, the NHL and NHLPA haven’t made plans to meet face-to-face on Friday. There’s also no word on weekend meetings just yet.
Oh yeah, we’re just a week away from Gary Bettman’s proclaimed deadline for negotiations.
Will all that in mind, fading optimism is the basic theme of the discussion between TSN’s Darren Dreger and NBC’s Sports Talk crew in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)