Jan 3, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
It sounds like Ottawa Senators forward Colin Greening had a good time playing for Aalborg of the Danish league, but it’s over now.
After scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 17 games during his European stint, Greening took the unusual step of recording a video thank you message to the fans he was leaving behind. In it, he said that he felt like he had to go back because, in his opinion, we’re close to the start of the NHL season.
The NHL and NHLPA have been exchanging offers over the last several days. The fact that the union decided not to file a disclaimer of interest before the 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday deadline can be taken as an indication of how important these latest talks are.
The two sides are expected to resume negotiations at 10 a.m. ET. Mediators will be present, as they have apparently been all week.
If you want to watch Colin Greening’s video farewell, you can do so below:
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)