Jan 3, 2013, 8:12 AM EST
It sounds like Ottawa Senators forward Colin Greening had a good time playing for Aalborg of the Danish league, but it’s over now.
After scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 17 games during his European stint, Greening took the unusual step of recording a video thank you message to the fans he was leaving behind. In it, he said that he felt like he had to go back because, in his opinion, we’re close to the start of the NHL season.
The NHL and NHLPA have been exchanging offers over the last several days. The fact that the union decided not to file a disclaimer of interest before the 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday deadline can be taken as an indication of how important these latest talks are.
The two sides are expected to resume negotiations at 10 a.m. ET. Mediators will be present, as they have apparently been all week.
If you want to watch Colin Greening’s video farewell, you can do so below:
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)