Jan 3, 2013, 8:12 AM EDT
It sounds like Ottawa Senators forward Colin Greening had a good time playing for Aalborg of the Danish league, but it’s over now.
After scoring 13 goals and 25 points in 17 games during his European stint, Greening took the unusual step of recording a video thank you message to the fans he was leaving behind. In it, he said that he felt like he had to go back because, in his opinion, we’re close to the start of the NHL season.
The NHL and NHLPA have been exchanging offers over the last several days. The fact that the union decided not to file a disclaimer of interest before the 11:59 p.m. ET Tuesday deadline can be taken as an indication of how important these latest talks are.
The two sides are expected to resume negotiations at 10 a.m. ET. Mediators will be present, as they have apparently been all week.
If you want to watch Colin Greening’s video farewell, you can do so below:
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 0
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 11
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 18
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 13
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 7
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)