Jan 3, 2013, 9:37 AM EST
Even if there was no lockout, blueliner Erik Gudbranson wouldn’t have gotten any ice time so far this season due to a shoulder injury he sustained while wakeboarding during the dying days of the off-season.
He needed surgery and was suspended by the Florida Panthers because his injury wasn’t hockey-related.
The good news is that he was recently cleared for contact, accord to the Sun-Sentinel.
That coincides nicely with the progress the NHL and union have made in the ongoing CBA negotiations. The hope is that the two sides will come to an agreement in time for the season to start on Jan. 19.
The CBA negotiations are expected to resume at 10 a.m. ET. Mediators will be present, as they apparently have been all week.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 14
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 32
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)