Jan 3, 2013, 9:37 AM EDT
Even if there was no lockout, blueliner Erik Gudbranson wouldn’t have gotten any ice time so far this season due to a shoulder injury he sustained while wakeboarding during the dying days of the off-season.
He needed surgery and was suspended by the Florida Panthers because his injury wasn’t hockey-related.
The good news is that he was recently cleared for contact, accord to the Sun-Sentinel.
That coincides nicely with the progress the NHL and union have made in the ongoing CBA negotiations. The hope is that the two sides will come to an agreement in time for the season to start on Jan. 19.
The CBA negotiations are expected to resume at 10 a.m. ET. Mediators will be present, as they apparently have been all week.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15