Jan 3, 2013, 9:37 AM EDT
Even if there was no lockout, blueliner Erik Gudbranson wouldn’t have gotten any ice time so far this season due to a shoulder injury he sustained while wakeboarding during the dying days of the off-season.
He needed surgery and was suspended by the Florida Panthers because his injury wasn’t hockey-related.
The good news is that he was recently cleared for contact, accord to the Sun-Sentinel.
That coincides nicely with the progress the NHL and union have made in the ongoing CBA negotiations. The hope is that the two sides will come to an agreement in time for the season to start on Jan. 19.
The CBA negotiations are expected to resume at 10 a.m. ET. Mediators will be present, as they apparently have been all week.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (143)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)