Jan 3, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
Although Donald Fehr decided not to comment, an anonymous source told RDS’ Renaud Lavoie that a disclaimer of interest was not filed.
Gary Bettman backs up those claims, telling the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston that the league has “not been notified” about the disclaimer of interest.
It’s important to note that this legal option hasn’t evaporated altogether for the union.
Fehr still has the option to play that card, but Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos notes that the NHLPA would need to re-vote on the matter.
The hope is that it doesn’t come to that, although it’s still a possibility considering the fact that the two sides weren’t able to come to an agreement yet. For more on the talks, click here.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)