Jan 3, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
Although Donald Fehr decided not to comment, an anonymous source told RDS’ Renaud Lavoie that a disclaimer of interest was not filed.
Gary Bettman backs up those claims, telling the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston that the league has “not been notified” about the disclaimer of interest.
It’s important to note that this legal option hasn’t evaporated altogether for the union.
Fehr still has the option to play that card, but Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos notes that the NHLPA would need to re-vote on the matter.
The hope is that it doesn’t come to that, although it’s still a possibility considering the fact that the two sides weren’t able to come to an agreement yet. For more on the talks, click here.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20