Jan 3, 2013, 12:36 AM EST
Although Donald Fehr decided not to comment, an anonymous source told RDS’ Renaud Lavoie that a disclaimer of interest was not filed.
Gary Bettman backs up those claims, telling the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston that the league has “not been notified” about the disclaimer of interest.
It’s important to note that this legal option hasn’t evaporated altogether for the union.
Fehr still has the option to play that card, but Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos notes that the NHLPA would need to re-vote on the matter.
The hope is that it doesn’t come to that, although it’s still a possibility considering the fact that the two sides weren’t able to come to an agreement yet. For more on the talks, click here.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)