Jan 3, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
Although Donald Fehr decided not to comment, an anonymous source told RDS’ Renaud Lavoie that a disclaimer of interest was not filed.
Gary Bettman backs up those claims, telling the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston that the league has “not been notified” about the disclaimer of interest.
It’s important to note that this legal option hasn’t evaporated altogether for the union.
Fehr still has the option to play that card, but Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos notes that the NHLPA would need to re-vote on the matter.
The hope is that it doesn’t come to that, although it’s still a possibility considering the fact that the two sides weren’t able to come to an agreement yet. For more on the talks, click here.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)