Jan 3, 2013, 12:36 AM EDT
Although Donald Fehr decided not to comment, an anonymous source told RDS’ Renaud Lavoie that a disclaimer of interest was not filed.
Gary Bettman backs up those claims, telling the Canadian Press’ Chris Johnston that the league has “not been notified” about the disclaimer of interest.
It’s important to note that this legal option hasn’t evaporated altogether for the union.
Fehr still has the option to play that card, but Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos notes that the NHLPA would need to re-vote on the matter.
The hope is that it doesn’t come to that, although it’s still a possibility considering the fact that the two sides weren’t able to come to an agreement yet. For more on the talks, click here.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)