Jan 2, 2013, 8:14 AM EST
Only time will tell if the latest round of CBA negotiations will bring an end to this lockout, but at least significant progress seems to have been made.
On top of that, the NHLPA is reportedly now willing to accept a 10-year CBA under certain conditions, up from its previous offer of an eight-year deal.
The length of the CBA is something that has been important to the NHL for quite some time. When talks collapsed roughly a month ago, the CBA length was one of the three major issues that the NHL wanted the union to move towards them on in exchange for other concessions.
The NHL has already backed away from its previous demand of a five-year limit for player contracts, which was another one of the three sticking points the league highlighted last month.
The two sides have been exchanging proposals over the last few days and the latest is from the league. Tuesday night’s negotiating sessions lasted a mere 30 minutes before the NHLPA left to review the latest offer.
The expectation is that talks will continue today, but the two sides still need to contact each other this morning to confirm that.
Dec 12, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
Coyotes hoping “it’s not long, long-term.”
Dec 12, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Activated off IR, will face the Flames in Calgary tonight.
Dec 12, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
Helped the Flames win their first and only Stanley Cup in 1989.
Dec 12, 2013, 2:50 PM EST
Game goes March 1 (on NBC).
Dec 12, 2013, 2:42 PM EST
News and notes from the blue paint…
Dec 12, 2013, 2:32 PM EST
Will get an MRI tomorrow.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:53 PM EST
“We want black and blue hockey.”
Dec 12, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
He broke in as a 19-year-old during the 2011-12 campaign.
Dec 12, 2013, 1:42 PM EST
Former Oilers draftee had been with AHL Adirondack.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:54 PM EST
Buffalo’s in Ottawa to play the Sens tonight.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:37 PM EST
Dec 12, 2013, 12:15 PM EST
Assistant general manager John Weisbrod also relieved of duties.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
Montreal’s in town tonight.
Dec 12, 2013, 11:53 AM EST
Club looking to snap a three-game winless streak.
Dec 12, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
File under “things that happen when a team is co-owned by fierce competitors.”
Dec 12, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
Bit of a shakeup in Ottawa.
Dec 12, 2013, 10:39 AM EST
He was injured on a hit by fellow Tampa Bay prospect Adam Erne.
Dec 12, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
He could be back in the lineup next week.
Dec 12, 2013, 9:12 AM EST
They’ve dug themselves a big hole early on.
Dec 12, 2013, 8:10 AM EST
That and all the links you need to start the day.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 27
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)