Jan 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Another day, another locked-out NHLer heading home.
The latest is Philadelphia’s Max Talbot, who has reportedly declined to return to SM-liiga team Ilves following his stint with Gotteron at the Spengler Cup.
Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects reports Talbot will return to North America and wait for the (possible) start of the NHL campaign, though the Flyers forward is interested in returning to Finland if the season is canceled.
This is just the latest move in Talbot’s busy work stoppage.
He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs in November, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
Shortly thereafter he inked with Ilves — scoring six points in 12 games while racking up 34 penalty minutes — before jumping to Gotteron in time for the Spengler.
Talbot finished the Spengler with 1G-2A-3PTS in four games as Gotteron advanced to the semifinals before losing to Canada, 5-1.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)