Jan 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Another day, another locked-out NHLer heading home.
The latest is Philadelphia’s Max Talbot, who has reportedly declined to return to SM-liiga team Ilves following his stint with Gotteron at the Spengler Cup.
Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects reports Talbot will return to North America and wait for the (possible) start of the NHL campaign, though the Flyers forward is interested in returning to Finland if the season is canceled.
This is just the latest move in Talbot’s busy work stoppage.
He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs in November, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
Shortly thereafter he inked with Ilves — scoring six points in 12 games while racking up 34 penalty minutes — before jumping to Gotteron in time for the Spengler.
Talbot finished the Spengler with 1G-2A-3PTS in four games as Gotteron advanced to the semifinals before losing to Canada, 5-1.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)