Jan 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Another day, another locked-out NHLer heading home.
The latest is Philadelphia’s Max Talbot, who has reportedly declined to return to SM-liiga team Ilves following his stint with Gotteron at the Spengler Cup.
Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects reports Talbot will return to North America and wait for the (possible) start of the NHL campaign, though the Flyers forward is interested in returning to Finland if the season is canceled.
This is just the latest move in Talbot’s busy work stoppage.
He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs in November, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
Shortly thereafter he inked with Ilves — scoring six points in 12 games while racking up 34 penalty minutes — before jumping to Gotteron in time for the Spengler.
Talbot finished the Spengler with 1G-2A-3PTS in four games as Gotteron advanced to the semifinals before losing to Canada, 5-1.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)