Jan 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Another day, another locked-out NHLer heading home.
The latest is Philadelphia’s Max Talbot, who has reportedly declined to return to SM-liiga team Ilves following his stint with Gotteron at the Spengler Cup.
Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects reports Talbot will return to North America and wait for the (possible) start of the NHL campaign, though the Flyers forward is interested in returning to Finland if the season is canceled.
This is just the latest move in Talbot’s busy work stoppage.
He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs in November, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
Shortly thereafter he inked with Ilves — scoring six points in 12 games while racking up 34 penalty minutes — before jumping to Gotteron in time for the Spengler.
Talbot finished the Spengler with 1G-2A-3PTS in four games as Gotteron advanced to the semifinals before losing to Canada, 5-1.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)