Jan 2, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Another day, another locked-out NHLer heading home.
The latest is Philadelphia’s Max Talbot, who has reportedly declined to return to SM-liiga team Ilves following his stint with Gotteron at the Spengler Cup.
Matias Strozyk of Elite Prospects reports Talbot will return to North America and wait for the (possible) start of the NHL campaign, though the Flyers forward is interested in returning to Finland if the season is canceled.
This is just the latest move in Talbot’s busy work stoppage.
He, along with Flyers teammate Bruno Gervais, wrapped up La Tournee Des Joueurs in November, a barnstroming circuit of locked-out NHLers that played a series of games throughout the province of Quebec.
Shortly thereafter he inked with Ilves — scoring six points in 12 games while racking up 34 penalty minutes — before jumping to Gotteron in time for the Spengler.
Talbot finished the Spengler with 1G-2A-3PTS in four games as Gotteron advanced to the semifinals before losing to Canada, 5-1.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)