Jan 2, 2013, 11:07 AM EDT
Many of you will be pleased to know that a certain commenter has been banned, as he was becoming too much of a distraction below.
Banning commenters isn’t something we like to do. We never do it because somebody criticizes what we write. We only do it if somebody starts ruining it for everyone else or if somebody becomes abusive. We also sacrifice one commenter each year to the volcano god.
If you’re curious, the way we ban people is by blocking their username, email address and IP address. The reason some commenters re-appear with different usernames is they create new emails and use applications that change their IP addresses. It’s pretty pathetic that they do this, but some people have sad lives. All we can do is keep banning them, which is as annoying for us as it sounds.
If you’d like to contact PHT, we’ve set up an email address at prohockeytalkpht (at) yahoo.com.
The comments section has grown a lot in the last year and we’re happy to have so many people adding to the site. Hopefully this lockout will be over soon and everyone can get back to debating Tim Thomas’s politics.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)