Jan 2, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Jordan Eberle has been named the AHL’s player of the month for the second straight month. The Oilers forward who’s spending the NHL lockout with the Oklahoma City Barons racked up 11 goals and nine assists in December, including a hat trick in less than three minutes on Dec. 31.
Eberle leads the AHL with 49 points in 32 games. In second place is teammate Justin Schultz, whose 45 points are ten more than the league’s third-place scorer, Springfield (Blue Jackets) forward Cam Atkinson.
Two other AHL monthly awards were announced today. Hershey (Capitals) goalie Braden Holtby was named top goaltender and Texas (Stars) forward Reilly Smith was named top rookie.
Holtby’s impressive month (1.69 GAA, .943 SV%, three shutouts) is welcome news for the Caps, who once the NHL returns will be counting on the 23-year-old to build on last year’s playoff performance.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 0
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 9
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)