Jan 2, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
Jordan Eberle has been named the AHL’s player of the month for the second straight month. The Oilers forward who’s spending the NHL lockout with the Oklahoma City Barons racked up 11 goals and nine assists in December, including a hat trick in less than three minutes on Dec. 31.
Eberle leads the AHL with 49 points in 32 games. In second place is teammate Justin Schultz, whose 45 points are ten more than the league’s third-place scorer, Springfield (Blue Jackets) forward Cam Atkinson.
Two other AHL monthly awards were announced today. Hershey (Capitals) goalie Braden Holtby was named top goaltender and Texas (Stars) forward Reilly Smith was named top rookie.
Holtby’s impressive month (1.69 GAA, .943 SV%, three shutouts) is welcome news for the Caps, who once the NHL returns will be counting on the 23-year-old to build on last year’s playoff performance.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 13
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 87
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (87)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)