Jan 2, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
Jordan Eberle has been named the AHL’s player of the month for the second straight month. The Oilers forward who’s spending the NHL lockout with the Oklahoma City Barons racked up 11 goals and nine assists in December, including a hat trick in less than three minutes on Dec. 31.
Eberle leads the AHL with 49 points in 32 games. In second place is teammate Justin Schultz, whose 45 points are ten more than the league’s third-place scorer, Springfield (Blue Jackets) forward Cam Atkinson.
Two other AHL monthly awards were announced today. Hershey (Capitals) goalie Braden Holtby was named top goaltender and Texas (Stars) forward Reilly Smith was named top rookie.
Holtby’s impressive month (1.69 GAA, .943 SV%, three shutouts) is welcome news for the Caps, who once the NHL returns will be counting on the 23-year-old to build on last year’s playoff performance.
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 0
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 12
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)