Jan 2, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Anaheim Ducks signed Jeff Deslauriers and Dan Sexton to professional tryout contracts with their AHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals.
Both players are under contract to Anaheim for the 2012-13 season, so these were essentially procedural moves to get Deslauriers and Sexton some action prior the (potential) start of the NHL season.
Neither had been playing during the locko0ut.
Deslauriers, 28, was taken 31st overall by Edmonton at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft and briefly nabbed the Oilers’ No. 1 goaltending gig in 2009-10, posting a 16-28-4 record with a 3.26 GAA and .901 save percentage.
He signed in Anaheim prior to the 2011-12 season, and is expected to challenge Viktor Fasth for the backup gig in this year.
Sexton, 25, spent all of last year with AHL Syracuse after playing 88 games for the Ducks between 2009-11.
The two-year deal he signed in 2011 is structured so that it’ll be a one-way deal this season, meaning he’ll earn his NHL salary ($550,000) no matter what.
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)