Jan 2, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Anaheim Ducks signed Jeff Deslauriers and Dan Sexton to professional tryout contracts with their AHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals.
Both players are under contract to Anaheim for the 2012-13 season, so these were essentially procedural moves to get Deslauriers and Sexton some action prior the (potential) start of the NHL season.
Neither had been playing during the locko0ut.
Deslauriers, 28, was taken 31st overall by Edmonton at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft and briefly nabbed the Oilers’ No. 1 goaltending gig in 2009-10, posting a 16-28-4 record with a 3.26 GAA and .901 save percentage.
He signed in Anaheim prior to the 2011-12 season, and is expected to challenge Viktor Fasth for the backup gig in this year.
Sexton, 25, spent all of last year with AHL Syracuse after playing 88 games for the Ducks between 2009-11.
The two-year deal he signed in 2011 is structured so that it’ll be a one-way deal this season, meaning he’ll earn his NHL salary ($550,000) no matter what.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)