Jan 2, 2013, 12:05 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the Anaheim Ducks signed Jeff Deslauriers and Dan Sexton to professional tryout contracts with their AHL affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals.
Both players are under contract to Anaheim for the 2012-13 season, so these were essentially procedural moves to get Deslauriers and Sexton some action prior the (potential) start of the NHL season.
Neither had been playing during the locko0ut.
Deslauriers, 28, was taken 31st overall by Edmonton at the 2002 NHL Entry Draft and briefly nabbed the Oilers’ No. 1 goaltending gig in 2009-10, posting a 16-28-4 record with a 3.26 GAA and .901 save percentage.
He signed in Anaheim prior to the 2011-12 season, and is expected to challenge Viktor Fasth for the backup gig in this year.
Sexton, 25, spent all of last year with AHL Syracuse after playing 88 games for the Ducks between 2009-11.
The two-year deal he signed in 2011 is structured so that it’ll be a one-way deal this season, meaning he’ll earn his NHL salary ($550,000) no matter what.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 50
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 19
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 20
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 101
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead