Jan 1, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
If you’re still on board with following the twists and turns of the CBA talks every night, let’s hope you didn’t make a New Year’s resolution to ditch caffeine.
Update: ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun’s reports that the talks have been slightly delayed, but there still expected to take place.
The (alleged?) Jan. 11 deadline for any sort of deal is rapidly approaching.
That scenario would call for a Jan. 19 start date, but if the sides made more progress than many expect, then a Jan. 12 opening night could reportedly be possible. They’d need to get it together by Thursday for that to happen, though.
It’s anyone’s guess how much might be accomplished tonight, but we might at least get the idea of whether something big will happen this week. If not, all the fireworks would likely come in a week to 10 days.
* – There’s a slight chance it might kick off a little earlier; New York Newsday’s Steve Zipay gave it a 6:30-7 p.m. ET window to begin. Thirty minutes aren’t likely to make a difference unless someone storms out swiftly once again …
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 12
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 56
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (56)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)