Jan 1, 2013, 5:35 PM EST
If you’re still on board with following the twists and turns of the CBA talks every night, let’s hope you didn’t make a New Year’s resolution to ditch caffeine.
Update: ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun’s reports that the talks have been slightly delayed, but there still expected to take place.
The (alleged?) Jan. 11 deadline for any sort of deal is rapidly approaching.
That scenario would call for a Jan. 19 start date, but if the sides made more progress than many expect, then a Jan. 12 opening night could reportedly be possible. They’d need to get it together by Thursday for that to happen, though.
It’s anyone’s guess how much might be accomplished tonight, but we might at least get the idea of whether something big will happen this week. If not, all the fireworks would likely come in a week to 10 days.
* – There’s a slight chance it might kick off a little earlier; New York Newsday’s Steve Zipay gave it a 6:30-7 p.m. ET window to begin. Thirty minutes aren’t likely to make a difference unless someone storms out swiftly once again …
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)