Jan 1, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators may or may not have Gabriel Bourque in their lineup if the season kicked off on Jan. 19.
Milwaukee Admirals* head coach Dean Evason told the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper on Tuesday that Bourque is nursing a lower-body injury that could keep him out for at least a couple weeks.
“He is having the same issues that he was out with originally,” Evason said. “It flared back up on him and he hasn’t played in a while. We don’t expect him for another couple of weeks.”
The 22-year-old winger has been out of action since Dec. 15, only playing 13 out of the Admirals’ 31 games so far.
In other young Predators-related news, Evason also expects important defenseman Ryan Ellis to be at full speed by the NHL’s possible opening night. He’s played in 17 AHL games since returning from an injury on Nov. 20, so that seems like a reasonable prediction.
* – They’re the Predators’ AHL affiliate.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)