Jan 1, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
The Nashville Predators may or may not have Gabriel Bourque in their lineup if the season kicked off on Jan. 19.
Milwaukee Admirals* head coach Dean Evason told the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper on Tuesday that Bourque is nursing a lower-body injury that could keep him out for at least a couple weeks.
“He is having the same issues that he was out with originally,” Evason said. “It flared back up on him and he hasn’t played in a while. We don’t expect him for another couple of weeks.”
The 22-year-old winger has been out of action since Dec. 15, only playing 13 out of the Admirals’ 31 games so far.
In other young Predators-related news, Evason also expects important defenseman Ryan Ellis to be at full speed by the NHL’s possible opening night. He’s played in 17 AHL games since returning from an injury on Nov. 20, so that seems like a reasonable prediction.
* – They’re the Predators’ AHL affiliate.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35