Jan 1, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators may or may not have Gabriel Bourque in their lineup if the season kicked off on Jan. 19.
Milwaukee Admirals* head coach Dean Evason told the Tennessean’s Josh Cooper on Tuesday that Bourque is nursing a lower-body injury that could keep him out for at least a couple weeks.
“He is having the same issues that he was out with originally,” Evason said. “It flared back up on him and he hasn’t played in a while. We don’t expect him for another couple of weeks.”
The 22-year-old winger has been out of action since Dec. 15, only playing 13 out of the Admirals’ 31 games so far.
In other young Predators-related news, Evason also expects important defenseman Ryan Ellis to be at full speed by the NHL’s possible opening night. He’s played in 17 AHL games since returning from an injury on Nov. 20, so that seems like a reasonable prediction.
* – They’re the Predators’ AHL affiliate.
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 43
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)