Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
Locked-out Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle is ready for an NHL season if the league and union are.
He’s been excelling in the AHL for months and took things to another level on New Years Eve.
With his Oklahoma City Barons and the Texas Stars both searching for an edge late in the first period of a scoreless match, Eberle blew the game open by scoring back-to-back goals a mere nine seconds apart.
As the Barons pointed out, he established new franchise records for the shortest time between two goals by an individual and for the team as a whole.
The 22-year-old winger scored yet again at 18:27 of the first period, completing his hat trick in the span of just 2:43 minutes. He later got an assist on blueliner Justin Schultz‘s goal to round out his four-point night.
Eberle already has a stunning 23 goals and 47 points in 31 AHL games this season. To put that into context, the top non-Barons player is Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Cam Atkinson with 35 points in 30 contests.
If you want to watch Eberle’s hat trick, you can do so below:
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 5
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 34
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 71
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 63
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)