Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
Locked-out Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle is ready for an NHL season if the league and union are.
He’s been excelling in the AHL for months and took things to another level on New Years Eve.
With his Oklahoma City Barons and the Texas Stars both searching for an edge late in the first period of a scoreless match, Eberle blew the game open by scoring back-to-back goals a mere nine seconds apart.
As the Barons pointed out, he established new franchise records for the shortest time between two goals by an individual and for the team as a whole.
The 22-year-old winger scored yet again at 18:27 of the first period, completing his hat trick in the span of just 2:43 minutes. He later got an assist on blueliner Justin Schultz‘s goal to round out his four-point night.
Eberle already has a stunning 23 goals and 47 points in 31 AHL games this season. To put that into context, the top non-Barons player is Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Cam Atkinson with 35 points in 30 contests.
If you want to watch Eberle’s hat trick, you can do so below:
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)