Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Locked-out Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle is ready for an NHL season if the league and union are.
He’s been excelling in the AHL for months and took things to another level on New Years Eve.
With his Oklahoma City Barons and the Texas Stars both searching for an edge late in the first period of a scoreless match, Eberle blew the game open by scoring back-to-back goals a mere nine seconds apart.
As the Barons pointed out, he established new franchise records for the shortest time between two goals by an individual and for the team as a whole.
The 22-year-old winger scored yet again at 18:27 of the first period, completing his hat trick in the span of just 2:43 minutes. He later got an assist on blueliner Justin Schultz‘s goal to round out his four-point night.
Eberle already has a stunning 23 goals and 47 points in 31 AHL games this season. To put that into context, the top non-Barons player is Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Cam Atkinson with 35 points in 30 contests.
If you want to watch Eberle’s hat trick, you can do so below:
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)