Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Locked-out Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle is ready for an NHL season if the league and union are.
He’s been excelling in the AHL for months and took things to another level on New Years Eve.
With his Oklahoma City Barons and the Texas Stars both searching for an edge late in the first period of a scoreless match, Eberle blew the game open by scoring back-to-back goals a mere nine seconds apart.
As the Barons pointed out, he established new franchise records for the shortest time between two goals by an individual and for the team as a whole.
The 22-year-old winger scored yet again at 18:27 of the first period, completing his hat trick in the span of just 2:43 minutes. He later got an assist on blueliner Justin Schultz‘s goal to round out his four-point night.
Eberle already has a stunning 23 goals and 47 points in 31 AHL games this season. To put that into context, the top non-Barons player is Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Cam Atkinson with 35 points in 30 contests.
If you want to watch Eberle’s hat trick, you can do so below:
- Letang banged up by Doan hit 0
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 0
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 8
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)