Jan 1, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Locked-out Edmonton Oilers forward Jordan Eberle is ready for an NHL season if the league and union are.
He’s been excelling in the AHL for months and took things to another level on New Years Eve.
With his Oklahoma City Barons and the Texas Stars both searching for an edge late in the first period of a scoreless match, Eberle blew the game open by scoring back-to-back goals a mere nine seconds apart.
As the Barons pointed out, he established new franchise records for the shortest time between two goals by an individual and for the team as a whole.
The 22-year-old winger scored yet again at 18:27 of the first period, completing his hat trick in the span of just 2:43 minutes. He later got an assist on blueliner Justin Schultz‘s goal to round out his four-point night.
Eberle already has a stunning 23 goals and 47 points in 31 AHL games this season. To put that into context, the top non-Barons player is Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Cam Atkinson with 35 points in 30 contests.
If you want to watch Eberle’s hat trick, you can do so below:
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)