Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 PM EST
What does that mean? ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the league needs more time to “complete its response” to the union’s counter-offer.
Hopefully the reasoning truly is along the lines of due diligence and not a stall tactic, as some have worried.
Ultimately, it seems there are two things that are certain: news-eager onlookers probably should stock up on caffeine for the night and reporters are likely to shiver in the cold New York weather as they await the results.
On our end, PHT will keep watch over the situation from our undisclosed, warm blogger lair. (Go ahead, make the basement jokes. We’ve got some time to kill.)
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)