Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
What does that mean? ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the league needs more time to “complete its response” to the union’s counter-offer.
Hopefully the reasoning truly is along the lines of due diligence and not a stall tactic, as some have worried.
Ultimately, it seems there are two things that are certain: news-eager onlookers probably should stock up on caffeine for the night and reporters are likely to shiver in the cold New York weather as they await the results.
On our end, PHT will keep watch over the situation from our undisclosed, warm blogger lair. (Go ahead, make the basement jokes. We’ve got some time to kill.)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40