Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
What does that mean? ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the league needs more time to “complete its response” to the union’s counter-offer.
Hopefully the reasoning truly is along the lines of due diligence and not a stall tactic, as some have worried.
Ultimately, it seems there are two things that are certain: news-eager onlookers probably should stock up on caffeine for the night and reporters are likely to shiver in the cold New York weather as they await the results.
On our end, PHT will keep watch over the situation from our undisclosed, warm blogger lair. (Go ahead, make the basement jokes. We’ve got some time to kill.)
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)