Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
What does that mean? ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the league needs more time to “complete its response” to the union’s counter-offer.
Hopefully the reasoning truly is along the lines of due diligence and not a stall tactic, as some have worried.
Ultimately, it seems there are two things that are certain: news-eager onlookers probably should stock up on caffeine for the night and reporters are likely to shiver in the cold New York weather as they await the results.
On our end, PHT will keep watch over the situation from our undisclosed, warm blogger lair. (Go ahead, make the basement jokes. We’ve got some time to kill.)
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 12
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 23
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 0
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 55
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)