Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
What does that mean? ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that the league needs more time to “complete its response” to the union’s counter-offer.
Hopefully the reasoning truly is along the lines of due diligence and not a stall tactic, as some have worried.
Ultimately, it seems there are two things that are certain: news-eager onlookers probably should stock up on caffeine for the night and reporters are likely to shiver in the cold New York weather as they await the results.
On our end, PHT will keep watch over the situation from our undisclosed, warm blogger lair. (Go ahead, make the basement jokes. We’ve got some time to kill.)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5