Dec 31, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Rochester Americans (and Buffalo Sabres) defenseman T.J. Brennan took 2012′s final AHL player of the week award on Monday.
The 23-year-old blueliner scored one goal and five assists for six points in three games during the week, pushing his season totals to an impressive 29 points in just 31 contests.
Brennan notched an assist in Rochester’s attendance record-setting win on Friday, yet his performance last Wednesday really justified the pick. He had five points in a 7-6 overtime win against the Lake Eerie Monsters on Dec. 26, the best output he’s ever produced in the AHL.
Speaking of his career, the Sabres were working him into the rotation a bit last season. Brennan averaged a little more than 14 minutes of ice time in 11 games at the NHL level, collecting a goal as his only point.
Perhaps some strong work with the Amerks might justify more time with the big club once the lockout ends.
If you’re killing some time on New Year’s Eve, feel free to peruse the AHL’s player of the week listings here.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:31 AM EDT
His Twitter feed teases “a big day” on Tuesday.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Just a “wild night” for a Black Ace.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Odd timing, but big news.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
Led by Patrice Bergeron, who scored a goal and was practically unbeatable in the faceoff circle.
Jun 17, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg: “It feels like sandpaper.”
Jun 17, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
“It’s a low-chance game and a low-chance series,” he said.
Jun 17, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville said it was “definitely not good.”
Jun 17, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
He was a game-time decision for Game 3.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
A masterful performance by Boston.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Both are much-hyped forwards from Cole Harbour, Novia Scotia.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
He owns fifth place with 197 points.
Jun 17, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Big results for his line with Tyler Seguin and Chris Kelly.
Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Does that mean it could fall through?
Jun 17, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Big (and surprising) loss for the Chicago Blackhawks.
Jun 17, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Chris Mason’s amazing beard couldn’t mask lousy numbers.
Jun 17, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Multiple sources expect buyouts for Ilya Bryzgalov and Daniel Briere.
Jun 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
23-year-old was the club’s second-round pick in 2008.
Jun 17, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Former Canucks bench boss cashes in.
Jun 17, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
Just five days after acquiring him from the Islanders.
Jun 17, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT
Interesting, given he’s probably going to get traded this summer.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury