Dec 31, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Rochester Americans (and Buffalo Sabres) defenseman T.J. Brennan took 2012′s final AHL player of the week award on Monday.
The 23-year-old blueliner scored one goal and five assists for six points in three games during the week, pushing his season totals to an impressive 29 points in just 31 contests.
Brennan notched an assist in Rochester’s attendance record-setting win on Friday, yet his performance last Wednesday really justified the pick. He had five points in a 7-6 overtime win against the Lake Eerie Monsters on Dec. 26, the best output he’s ever produced in the AHL.
Speaking of his career, the Sabres were working him into the rotation a bit last season. Brennan averaged a little more than 14 minutes of ice time in 11 games at the NHL level, collecting a goal as his only point.
Perhaps some strong work with the Amerks might justify more time with the big club once the lockout ends.
If you’re killing some time on New Year’s Eve, feel free to peruse the AHL’s player of the week listings here.
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 1
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 67
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination