Dec 31, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
Rochester Americans (and Buffalo Sabres) defenseman T.J. Brennan took 2012’s final AHL player of the week award on Monday.
The 23-year-old blueliner scored one goal and five assists for six points in three games during the week, pushing his season totals to an impressive 29 points in just 31 contests.
Brennan notched an assist in Rochester’s attendance record-setting win on Friday, yet his performance last Wednesday really justified the pick. He had five points in a 7-6 overtime win against the Lake Eerie Monsters on Dec. 26, the best output he’s ever produced in the AHL.
Speaking of his career, the Sabres were working him into the rotation a bit last season. Brennan averaged a little more than 14 minutes of ice time in 11 games at the NHL level, collecting a goal as his only point.
Perhaps some strong work with the Amerks might justify more time with the big club once the lockout ends.
If you’re killing some time on New Year’s Eve, feel free to peruse the AHL’s player of the week listings here.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 16
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)