Dec 31, 2012, 12:58 PM EST
The San Francisco Bulls have added another locked-out NHLer to the fold, signing Wild forward Torrey Mitchell to a standard player contract.
The move is a reunion of sorts — the Bulls are an affiliate of the San Jose Sharks, who employed Mitchell for his first five seasons in the NHL.
Mitchell inked a three-year, $5.7 million deal with Minnesota in July.
“The entire organization is excited about seeing Torrey in a San Francisco Bulls uniform,” Bulls President/Head Coach Pat Curcio said in a statement. “We know how much of a fan favorite Torrey was with San Jose. We expect Bulls fans to feel the same way when they see him play at the Cow Palace.”
Clowe isn’t technically playing for San Fran, mind you — only practicing. On game nights, he’s behind the bench serving as Curcio’s assistant…though one wonders if he might get a few games in should the labor strife end soon.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 68
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 94
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 6
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 179
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (179)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (94)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (87)