Dec 31, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
According to CSKA Moscow, Ilya Bryzgalov has left the KHL club due to medical reasons and will return when he’s healthy. He has not left the club because the NHL lockout is ending or because he’s “worn out his welcome.”
Following is the Google translation of the statement on the team’s website:
Ilya Bryzgalov, who missed the game with the “Dynamo” (Moscow) because of an injury of the upper half of the body, went overseas. The main purpose of his visit – a consultation with the North American experts. We emphasize that the medical staff CSKA enjoyed the absolute confidence of the reason for the forced departure of goalkeeper is that he has turned to overseas doctors with the same injury before and was a successful therapy. We draw your attention to the fact that Ilya Bryzgalov is CSKA player and a “contract on Monday terminated” with it will not be, in spite of reports of this in the media. After the necessary remedial actions, the dates for which will be announced in the coming days, Ilya returns to location of the team and continue the successful performance of the army club.
We respect the work of journalists and understand the importance to them first to make public or that information, but encourage them in their work still rely on facts, not on rumors.
As usual, nothing is straightforward when it comes to Bryzgalov. We could easily be writing tomorrow that he left CSKA to go to clown college.
(h/t USA Today)
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)