Dec 31, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
According to CSKA Moscow, Ilya Bryzgalov has left the KHL club due to medical reasons and will return when he’s healthy. He has not left the club because the NHL lockout is ending or because he’s “worn out his welcome.”
Following is the Google translation of the statement on the team’s website:
Ilya Bryzgalov, who missed the game with the “Dynamo” (Moscow) because of an injury of the upper half of the body, went overseas. The main purpose of his visit – a consultation with the North American experts. We emphasize that the medical staff CSKA enjoyed the absolute confidence of the reason for the forced departure of goalkeeper is that he has turned to overseas doctors with the same injury before and was a successful therapy. We draw your attention to the fact that Ilya Bryzgalov is CSKA player and a “contract on Monday terminated” with it will not be, in spite of reports of this in the media. After the necessary remedial actions, the dates for which will be announced in the coming days, Ilya returns to location of the team and continue the successful performance of the army club.
We respect the work of journalists and understand the importance to them first to make public or that information, but encourage them in their work still rely on facts, not on rumors.
As usual, nothing is straightforward when it comes to Bryzgalov. We could easily be writing tomorrow that he left CSKA to go to clown college.
(h/t USA Today)
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)