Dec 31, 2012, 12:35 PM EST
According to CSKA Moscow, Ilya Bryzgalov has left the KHL club due to medical reasons and will return when he’s healthy. He has not left the club because the NHL lockout is ending or because he’s “worn out his welcome.”
Following is the Google translation of the statement on the team’s website:
Ilya Bryzgalov, who missed the game with the “Dynamo” (Moscow) because of an injury of the upper half of the body, went overseas. The main purpose of his visit – a consultation with the North American experts. We emphasize that the medical staff CSKA enjoyed the absolute confidence of the reason for the forced departure of goalkeeper is that he has turned to overseas doctors with the same injury before and was a successful therapy. We draw your attention to the fact that Ilya Bryzgalov is CSKA player and a “contract on Monday terminated” with it will not be, in spite of reports of this in the media. After the necessary remedial actions, the dates for which will be announced in the coming days, Ilya returns to location of the team and continue the successful performance of the army club.
We respect the work of journalists and understand the importance to them first to make public or that information, but encourage them in their work still rely on facts, not on rumors.
As usual, nothing is straightforward when it comes to Bryzgalov. We could easily be writing tomorrow that he left CSKA to go to clown college.
(h/t USA Today)
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)