Dec 31, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
According to CSKA Moscow, Ilya Bryzgalov has left the KHL club due to medical reasons and will return when he’s healthy. He has not left the club because the NHL lockout is ending or because he’s “worn out his welcome.”
Following is the Google translation of the statement on the team’s website:
Ilya Bryzgalov, who missed the game with the “Dynamo” (Moscow) because of an injury of the upper half of the body, went overseas. The main purpose of his visit – a consultation with the North American experts. We emphasize that the medical staff CSKA enjoyed the absolute confidence of the reason for the forced departure of goalkeeper is that he has turned to overseas doctors with the same injury before and was a successful therapy. We draw your attention to the fact that Ilya Bryzgalov is CSKA player and a “contract on Monday terminated” with it will not be, in spite of reports of this in the media. After the necessary remedial actions, the dates for which will be announced in the coming days, Ilya returns to location of the team and continue the successful performance of the army club.
We respect the work of journalists and understand the importance to them first to make public or that information, but encourage them in their work still rely on facts, not on rumors.
As usual, nothing is straightforward when it comes to Bryzgalov. We could easily be writing tomorrow that he left CSKA to go to clown college.
(h/t USA Today)
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)