Dec 30, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Bryzgalov had a 2.13 GAA and .913 save percentage in 12 KHL games. He didn’t play on Sunday due to an injury, but that’s reportedly not why he’s leaving.
“The reason, most likely, is that the lockout should be over pretty soon in Bryzgalov’s opinion,” the source said.
Of course, given that this is Bryzgalov, the story isn’t that straightforward.
“Bryzgalov has indeed worn out his welcome in CSKA,” Sport-Express’ Slava Malamud argued. “The move is the club’s, not the goalie’s.”
Bryzgalov ran into some problems with the media during his tenure in the KHL. He reportedly complained that the media was writing “filth” about him.
He also told them, “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”
During his first season with the Philadelphia Flyers, Bryzgalov was known for giving interesting quotes. It got to the point where Flyers GM Paul Holmgren lashed back in May and said, “His job is to stop pucks and help us win games. It’s not Comedy Central.”
If the lockout does end soon, he’ll still get a chance to prove Giroux right.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)