Dec 30, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Bryzgalov had a 2.13 GAA and .913 save percentage in 12 KHL games. He didn’t play on Sunday due to an injury, but that’s reportedly not why he’s leaving.
“The reason, most likely, is that the lockout should be over pretty soon in Bryzgalov’s opinion,” the source said.
Of course, given that this is Bryzgalov, the story isn’t that straightforward.
“Bryzgalov has indeed worn out his welcome in CSKA,” Sport-Express’ Slava Malamud argued. “The move is the club’s, not the goalie’s.”
Bryzgalov ran into some problems with the media during his tenure in the KHL. He reportedly complained that the media was writing “filth” about him.
He also told them, “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”
During his first season with the Philadelphia Flyers, Bryzgalov was known for giving interesting quotes. It got to the point where Flyers GM Paul Holmgren lashed back in May and said, “His job is to stop pucks and help us win games. It’s not Comedy Central.”
If the lockout does end soon, he’ll still get a chance to prove Giroux right.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)