Dec 30, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Bryzgalov had a 2.13 GAA and .913 save percentage in 12 KHL games. He didn’t play on Sunday due to an injury, but that’s reportedly not why he’s leaving.
“The reason, most likely, is that the lockout should be over pretty soon in Bryzgalov’s opinion,” the source said.
Of course, given that this is Bryzgalov, the story isn’t that straightforward.
“Bryzgalov has indeed worn out his welcome in CSKA,” Sport-Express’ Slava Malamud argued. “The move is the club’s, not the goalie’s.”
Bryzgalov ran into some problems with the media during his tenure in the KHL. He reportedly complained that the media was writing “filth” about him.
He also told them, “My wife forbids me to talk… My mom and dad, too. Ask them.”
During his first season with the Philadelphia Flyers, Bryzgalov was known for giving interesting quotes. It got to the point where Flyers GM Paul Holmgren lashed back in May and said, “His job is to stop pucks and help us win games. It’s not Comedy Central.”
If the lockout does end soon, he’ll still get a chance to prove Giroux right.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 38
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 70
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 9
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 24
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 32
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 65
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)