Dec 30, 2012, 12:51 PM EDT
The NHL breathed new life into the CBA process when they made new concessions in a “comprehensive proposal.” Since then, the union has been gathering information, likely in preparation for a counteroffer.
The league reportedly moved on several key issues in its latest offer. They are now proposing a maximum six-year term limit for contracts, up from five, and a seven-year cap for teams re-signing their own players. The NHL is also proposing a maximum 10% variance in contracts, up from 5% in the old offer.
It’s believed that if all goes well, the season could start on Jan. 19. If things turn sour again, we might lose the 2012-13 campaign entirely.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
Just a few storylines heading into this one…
Apr 21, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Paul Stastny, Nathan MacKinnon, and Gabriel Landeskog have scored seven of the Avs’ nine goals.
Apr 21, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Justin Fontaine also gets in.
Apr 21, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Spearing has been a hot topic in the early stages of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Apr 21, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
First playoff game at Nationwide in five years tonight.
Apr 21, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Columbus comes home after a game of franchise firsts in Pittsburgh.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:43 AM EDT
John Gibson and Sami Vatanen on their way down.
Apr 21, 2014, 10:24 AM EDT
Maybe he was a big fan of donuts.
Apr 21, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
They’re a young team that isn’t intimidated.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 AM EDT
Columbus and Dallas host playoff games for first time in years.
Apr 21, 2014, 2:19 AM EDT
This has happened a few times in these playoffs.
Apr 21, 2014, 1:56 AM EDT
Apr 21, 2014, 1:28 AM EDT
This one could’ve gotten uglier than it did.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:47 AM EDT
Took this game over in the second period.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
Patrick Roy: “We’re going to be very smart about when he’s going to come back.”
Apr 20, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
Apr 20, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Was shaken up after taking a knee to the head.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:52 PM EDT
Just another game between these two California rivals.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:34 PM EDT
Jon Cooper straddles the line between snarky and careful.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:09 PM EDT
Tough breaks for Tampa Bay.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (92)