Dec 29, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Team Canada is going to be a bit shorthanded in the big opening round game against Team USA on Sunday.
The IIHF suspended forward J.C. Lipon for one game thanks to an elbow he delivered to the head of Slovakian forward Tomas Mikus. While Mikus wasn’t hurt on the play, it appeared Lipon targeted his head while delivering a check. In international play, that’s a major no-no and he was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct.
Lipon joins teammate Boone Jenner in the press box for the game against Team USA as Jenner will be serving the final game of his three-game suspension. Jenner’s absence hasn’t stopped Canada from scoring goals so far at Worlds as they’ve potted 15 goals in two games, both regulation wins.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 97
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115