Dec 29, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If you were hoping for significant progress today after it was revealed Friday that the NHL made significant concessions in its latest CBA proposal, you might end up being disappointed.
That’s not surprising considering that, as ESPN’s Katie Strang pointed out, the NHL’s proposal is about 300 pages.
If all goes well, the two sides might meet in person on Sunday.
The NHLPA is reportedly working on a counteroffer and the league’s reaction to it will be telling. There is some time to rebound if negotiations once again break off, but the season will either be salvaged or lost in the next few weeks.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)