Dec 29, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If you were hoping for significant progress today after it was revealed Friday that the NHL made significant concessions in its latest CBA proposal, you might end up being disappointed.
That’s not surprising considering that, as ESPN’s Katie Strang pointed out, the NHL’s proposal is about 300 pages.
If all goes well, the two sides might meet in person on Sunday.
The NHLPA is reportedly working on a counteroffer and the league’s reaction to it will be telling. There is some time to rebound if negotiations once again break off, but the season will either be salvaged or lost in the next few weeks.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40