Dec 29, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If you were hoping for significant progress today after it was revealed Friday that the NHL made significant concessions in its latest CBA proposal, you might end up being disappointed.
That’s not surprising considering that, as ESPN’s Katie Strang pointed out, the NHL’s proposal is about 300 pages.
If all goes well, the two sides might meet in person on Sunday.
The NHLPA is reportedly working on a counteroffer and the league’s reaction to it will be telling. There is some time to rebound if negotiations once again break off, but the season will either be salvaged or lost in the next few weeks.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12