Dec 29, 2012, 2:40 PM EDT
If you were hoping for significant progress today after it was revealed Friday that the NHL made significant concessions in its latest CBA proposal, you might end up being disappointed.
That’s not surprising considering that, as ESPN’s Katie Strang pointed out, the NHL’s proposal is about 300 pages.
If all goes well, the two sides might meet in person on Sunday.
The NHLPA is reportedly working on a counteroffer and the league’s reaction to it will be telling. There is some time to rebound if negotiations once again break off, but the season will either be salvaged or lost in the next few weeks.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54