Dec 29, 2012, 2:40 PM EST
If you were hoping for significant progress today after it was revealed Friday that the NHL made significant concessions in its latest CBA proposal, you might end up being disappointed.
That’s not surprising considering that, as ESPN’s Katie Strang pointed out, the NHL’s proposal is about 300 pages.
If all goes well, the two sides might meet in person on Sunday.
The NHLPA is reportedly working on a counteroffer and the league’s reaction to it will be telling. There is some time to rebound if negotiations once again break off, but the season will either be salvaged or lost in the next few weeks.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4