Dec 29, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
If all goes well in the CBA negotiations — and who knows if it will — the NHL season might start on Jan. 19. In other words, if the information about Briere is correct, then there will be little to no margin for error in his recovery if he is to be available for the Philadelphia Flyers’ theoretical season opener.
Briere has 10 goals and 34 points in 21 games this season in the German league. He recently signed a contract extension that will keep him with Berlin for the remainder of the season, unless the NHL returns.
He underperformed in the 2011-12 campaign with 16 goals and 49 points in 70 contests. However, he was a major contributor in the Philadelphia Flyers’ playoff run.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:21 PM EDT
Florida’s youngsters stole the show overall.
Sep 16, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
And he’ll reportedly miss part of Minnesota’s training camp.
Sep 16, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The former appeared in three games for Chicago last year; the latter played in Germany.
Sep 16, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
Sep 16, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
The future of Detroit’s defense gets locked in.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
Just one month after re-signing Jakob Silfverberg on the cheap.
Sep 16, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
“Fines are meaningful. And I think it has to do with essentially being called out.”
Sep 16, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
He’ll be part of the player development department.
Sep 16, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
We pick a couple of long shots.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
Kings forward “didn’t want to become a free agent and leave” L.A.
Sep 16, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
That’s him getting tossed around by Ryan Reaves.
Sep 16, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
For “outstanding service to hockey in the United States.”
Sep 16, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Veteran power forward is trying to return from another concussion.
Sep 16, 2014, 10:59 AM EDT
Will the NHL be watching?
Sep 16, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Sounds like he got the message.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
The recently signed forward hopes to stick with “powerhouse” team.
Sep 16, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Sep 16, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
“It’s turned the corner for the better as far as rehab has gone.”
Sep 15, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
It’s tremendous even if it was in a prospects game.
Sep 15, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Frank Corrado gets ejected for that check.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9