Dec 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Joe Pavelski has been home for the holidays.
After a 17-game stint he left Minsk Dynamo, but it sounds like playing in the KHL was a positive experience for him, based on a San Jose Mercury News report.
“As good as a lot of things were, it’s still the time of the year when I’d like to be with them and see them,” Pavelski said, referring to his young son and wife.
He might even re-sign with Minsk if the NHL season is lost.
“We would definitely talk about going back,” he said. “As of right now, with the NHL being so close to making a decision, to come all the way back and then run all the way back isn’t the smartest thing to do so we’ll wait and see.”
The NHL recently made a new offer to the players that involved movement on key issues like contract term limits. The NHLPA is working on a counteroffer and how the talks go over the next few weeks should ultimately determine the fate of the season.
“You always feel good when you hear something is going on, you think something’s going to come out of it. But it’s happened a lot so there’s still caution,” Pavelski said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)