Dec 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Joe Pavelski has been home for the holidays.
After a 17-game stint he left Minsk Dynamo, but it sounds like playing in the KHL was a positive experience for him, based on a San Jose Mercury News report.
“As good as a lot of things were, it’s still the time of the year when I’d like to be with them and see them,” Pavelski said, referring to his young son and wife.
He might even re-sign with Minsk if the NHL season is lost.
“We would definitely talk about going back,” he said. “As of right now, with the NHL being so close to making a decision, to come all the way back and then run all the way back isn’t the smartest thing to do so we’ll wait and see.”
The NHL recently made a new offer to the players that involved movement on key issues like contract term limits. The NHLPA is working on a counteroffer and how the talks go over the next few weeks should ultimately determine the fate of the season.
“You always feel good when you hear something is going on, you think something’s going to come out of it. But it’s happened a lot so there’s still caution,” Pavelski said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)