Dec 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Joe Pavelski has been home for the holidays.
After a 17-game stint he left Minsk Dynamo, but it sounds like playing in the KHL was a positive experience for him, based on a San Jose Mercury News report.
“As good as a lot of things were, it’s still the time of the year when I’d like to be with them and see them,” Pavelski said, referring to his young son and wife.
He might even re-sign with Minsk if the NHL season is lost.
“We would definitely talk about going back,” he said. “As of right now, with the NHL being so close to making a decision, to come all the way back and then run all the way back isn’t the smartest thing to do so we’ll wait and see.”
The NHL recently made a new offer to the players that involved movement on key issues like contract term limits. The NHLPA is working on a counteroffer and how the talks go over the next few weeks should ultimately determine the fate of the season.
“You always feel good when you hear something is going on, you think something’s going to come out of it. But it’s happened a lot so there’s still caution,” Pavelski said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 1
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 7
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 37
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)