Dec 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EST
Joe Pavelski has been home for the holidays.
After a 17-game stint he left Minsk Dynamo, but it sounds like playing in the KHL was a positive experience for him, based on a San Jose Mercury News report.
“As good as a lot of things were, it’s still the time of the year when I’d like to be with them and see them,” Pavelski said, referring to his young son and wife.
He might even re-sign with Minsk if the NHL season is lost.
“We would definitely talk about going back,” he said. “As of right now, with the NHL being so close to making a decision, to come all the way back and then run all the way back isn’t the smartest thing to do so we’ll wait and see.”
The NHL recently made a new offer to the players that involved movement on key issues like contract term limits. The NHLPA is working on a counteroffer and how the talks go over the next few weeks should ultimately determine the fate of the season.
“You always feel good when you hear something is going on, you think something’s going to come out of it. But it’s happened a lot so there’s still caution,” Pavelski said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)