Dec 29, 2012, 10:27 AM EDT
Joe Pavelski has been home for the holidays.
After a 17-game stint he left Minsk Dynamo, but it sounds like playing in the KHL was a positive experience for him, based on a San Jose Mercury News report.
“As good as a lot of things were, it’s still the time of the year when I’d like to be with them and see them,” Pavelski said, referring to his young son and wife.
He might even re-sign with Minsk if the NHL season is lost.
“We would definitely talk about going back,” he said. “As of right now, with the NHL being so close to making a decision, to come all the way back and then run all the way back isn’t the smartest thing to do so we’ll wait and see.”
The NHL recently made a new offer to the players that involved movement on key issues like contract term limits. The NHLPA is working on a counteroffer and how the talks go over the next few weeks should ultimately determine the fate of the season.
“You always feel good when you hear something is going on, you think something’s going to come out of it. But it’s happened a lot so there’s still caution,” Pavelski said. “We’ll have to wait and see.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)