Dec 29, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
It’s anyone’s guess how the CBA discussions will end, but if the two sides actually do hash things out, it will force some slightly jarring reunions. Jordan Eberle admits to The Oklahoman that it would be “really weird” to leave the AHL’s Oklahoma Barons to resume play with the Edmonton Oilers.
“Absolutely,” Eberle said. “It’s going to be really weird. But I’m an NHL player. That’s where I want to be. Hopefully they get started soon and Hallsy, Schultz, Nuge and I and some other guys on this team would go up there.”
Eberle has enjoyed a better jaunt outside the NHL than many other players, though.
(It also doesn’t hurt that Eberle’s salary will jump from about $800K to 2012-13 to $6 million per year starting in 2013-14, either.)
Ultimately, Eberle is getting too emotionally invested in the ebbs and flows of the negotiating:
“I have no idea (what will happen),” Eberle said. “It’s the same as always. It’s nice to hear that they’re talking. But at the end of the day I try not to pay attention to it. My focus is here.”
Here being the AHL – for now.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)