Dec 29, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
It’s anyone’s guess how the CBA discussions will end, but if the two sides actually do hash things out, it will force some slightly jarring reunions. Jordan Eberle admits to The Oklahoman that it would be “really weird” to leave the AHL’s Oklahoma Barons to resume play with the Edmonton Oilers.
“Absolutely,” Eberle said. “It’s going to be really weird. But I’m an NHL player. That’s where I want to be. Hopefully they get started soon and Hallsy, Schultz, Nuge and I and some other guys on this team would go up there.”
Eberle has enjoyed a better jaunt outside the NHL than many other players, though.
(It also doesn’t hurt that Eberle’s salary will jump from about $800K to 2012-13 to $6 million per year starting in 2013-14, either.)
Ultimately, Eberle is getting too emotionally invested in the ebbs and flows of the negotiating:
“I have no idea (what will happen),” Eberle said. “It’s the same as always. It’s nice to hear that they’re talking. But at the end of the day I try not to pay attention to it. My focus is here.”
Here being the AHL – for now.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)