Dec 28, 2012, 9:15 PM EDT
Tyler Seguin‘s time as an Axeman with EHC Biel in Switzerland is coming to an end.
The Bruins centerman tells Joe Haggerty at CSNNE.com that he’ll be heading back to Boston after playing in the Spengler Cup in Europe. In 29 games with EHC Biel, Seguin teamed up with Chicago’s Patrick Kane and put up a whopping 40 points including 25 goals.
Seguin is playing for Team Canada in the Spengler Cup, alongside Bruins teammate Patrice Bergeron, and just today they advanced to the semifinals as the top seed there. The Spengler Cup semis take place on Sunday while the finals are on New Year’s Eve.
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 3
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 8
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 5
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2