Dec 28, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
After today’s breaking news about the NHL making a new offer to the players in an attempt to end the lockout, the next question to follow was: When will they meet?
Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports the two sides will have a conference call tomorrow and aim to meet in New York City on Sunday in an effort to negotiate a new CBA.
The NHLPA held an internal conference call today to discuss the league’s latest offer and there’s clearly a lot to chew on with it. Getting the two sides back in the room to potentially put an end to this mess is the next step. Here’s to hoping things stay civil this time around.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5