Dec 28, 2012, 6:15 PM EDT
After today’s breaking news about the NHL making a new offer to the players in an attempt to end the lockout, the next question to follow was: When will they meet?
Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press reports the two sides will have a conference call tomorrow and aim to meet in New York City on Sunday in an effort to negotiate a new CBA.
The NHLPA held an internal conference call today to discuss the league’s latest offer and there’s clearly a lot to chew on with it. Getting the two sides back in the room to potentially put an end to this mess is the next step. Here’s to hoping things stay civil this time around.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53