Dec 28, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres played in First Niagara Center lately, so why not let their AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans take advantage of it?
The Americans are doing just that and on Friday, they will set a new franchise attendance record in their game against the AHL Lake Erie Lake Erie Monsters. As of Thursday afternoon, only one of 19,070 seats was still available for the contest, according to the Buffalo News.
Their previous attendance record was 17,898, set during the last lockout when they similarly decided to play a late December game in Buffalo.
This will mark the second time that Rochester has played in First Niagara Center this season. In the Americans previous contest in Buffalo, they earned a 3-1 victory in the presence of 10,936 fans. At the time, that was Rochester’s largest crowd since the 2004-05 lockout.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 11
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 11
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)