Dec 28, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
New Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback is done with his time with Ilves Tampere in Finland. While his contract is up there, it’s not without a little bit of added drama to the story.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times hears from Lindback about the “weird” injury he suffered abroad.
He said it happened at a morning skate during a three-on-two drill in which he “opened up” to make a save “and the puck hit my knee. I wear two sets of knee pads, so it was just one of those things. The puck just slipped through. I thought it was just going to be bruised and when I got into the locker room and took my gear off I was bleeding all over. It was really weird. It was a good shot, I guess.”
Well that sounds gross.
On the upside, it’s nothing serious and he’s hoping to get back on the ice in a couple days. As to whether or not he’ll go back to Finland, that all depends on whether or not the lockout is settled.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)