Dec 28, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
New Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback is done with his time with Ilves Tampere in Finland. While his contract is up there, it’s not without a little bit of added drama to the story.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times hears from Lindback about the “weird” injury he suffered abroad.
He said it happened at a morning skate during a three-on-two drill in which he “opened up” to make a save “and the puck hit my knee. I wear two sets of knee pads, so it was just one of those things. The puck just slipped through. I thought it was just going to be bruised and when I got into the locker room and took my gear off I was bleeding all over. It was really weird. It was a good shot, I guess.”
Well that sounds gross.
On the upside, it’s nothing serious and he’s hoping to get back on the ice in a couple days. As to whether or not he’ll go back to Finland, that all depends on whether or not the lockout is settled.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)