Dec 28, 2012, 5:05 PM EDT
New Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback is done with his time with Ilves Tampere in Finland. While his contract is up there, it’s not without a little bit of added drama to the story.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times hears from Lindback about the “weird” injury he suffered abroad.
He said it happened at a morning skate during a three-on-two drill in which he “opened up” to make a save “and the puck hit my knee. I wear two sets of knee pads, so it was just one of those things. The puck just slipped through. I thought it was just going to be bruised and when I got into the locker room and took my gear off I was bleeding all over. It was really weird. It was a good shot, I guess.”
Well that sounds gross.
On the upside, it’s nothing serious and he’s hoping to get back on the ice in a couple days. As to whether or not he’ll go back to Finland, that all depends on whether or not the lockout is settled.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)