Dec 28, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
New Tampa Bay Lightning goalie Anders Lindback is done with his time with Ilves Tampere in Finland. While his contract is up there, it’s not without a little bit of added drama to the story.
Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times hears from Lindback about the “weird” injury he suffered abroad.
He said it happened at a morning skate during a three-on-two drill in which he “opened up” to make a save “and the puck hit my knee. I wear two sets of knee pads, so it was just one of those things. The puck just slipped through. I thought it was just going to be bruised and when I got into the locker room and took my gear off I was bleeding all over. It was really weird. It was a good shot, I guess.”
Well that sounds gross.
On the upside, it’s nothing serious and he’s hoping to get back on the ice in a couple days. As to whether or not he’ll go back to Finland, that all depends on whether or not the lockout is settled.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)