Dec 27, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
The battle between the Blackhawks and Canucks continues to rage on. Instead of on NHL ice, this next slice of one of the league’s best rivalries occurs during a shootout in a Swiss National League game. The combatants? Chicago’s Patrick Kane and Vancouver’s eventual No. 1 goalie Cory Schneider.
Kane, suiting up for EHC Biel, got a chance to flex his deking muscles in such a way he had to have made Schneider, playing for Ambri-Piotta, fall asleep. Check out the video here courtesy of HockeyWebCaster on YouTube.
If only they could’ve polished it off with an Oom-pah band rendition of “Chelsea Dagger” for good measure. Schneider might want to toss a poke-check in for good measure the next time these two see each other in the skills competition. The “frozen like a statue” move doesn’t seem to work.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21