Dec 27, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
The battle between the Blackhawks and Canucks continues to rage on. Instead of on NHL ice, this next slice of one of the league’s best rivalries occurs during a shootout in a Swiss National League game. The combatants? Chicago’s Patrick Kane and Vancouver’s eventual No. 1 goalie Cory Schneider.
Kane, suiting up for EHC Biel, got a chance to flex his deking muscles in such a way he had to have made Schneider, playing for Ambri-Piotta, fall asleep. Check out the video here courtesy of HockeyWebCaster on YouTube.
If only they could’ve polished it off with an Oom-pah band rendition of “Chelsea Dagger” for good measure. Schneider might want to toss a poke-check in for good measure the next time these two see each other in the skills competition. The “frozen like a statue” move doesn’t seem to work.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 6
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 48
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 70
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)