Dec 27, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
The battle between the Blackhawks and Canucks continues to rage on. Instead of on NHL ice, this next slice of one of the league’s best rivalries occurs during a shootout in a Swiss National League game. The combatants? Chicago’s Patrick Kane and Vancouver’s eventual No. 1 goalie Cory Schneider.
Kane, suiting up for EHC Biel, got a chance to flex his deking muscles in such a way he had to have made Schneider, playing for Ambri-Piotta, fall asleep. Check out the video here courtesy of HockeyWebCaster on YouTube.
If only they could’ve polished it off with an Oom-pah band rendition of “Chelsea Dagger” for good measure. Schneider might want to toss a poke-check in for good measure the next time these two see each other in the skills competition. The “frozen like a statue” move doesn’t seem to work.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 15
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 62
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17