Dec 27, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
The battle between the Blackhawks and Canucks continues to rage on. Instead of on NHL ice, this next slice of one of the league’s best rivalries occurs during a shootout in a Swiss National League game. The combatants? Chicago’s Patrick Kane and Vancouver’s eventual No. 1 goalie Cory Schneider.
Kane, suiting up for EHC Biel, got a chance to flex his deking muscles in such a way he had to have made Schneider, playing for Ambri-Piotta, fall asleep. Check out the video here courtesy of HockeyWebCaster on YouTube.
If only they could’ve polished it off with an Oom-pah band rendition of “Chelsea Dagger” for good measure. Schneider might want to toss a poke-check in for good measure the next time these two see each other in the skills competition. The “frozen like a statue” move doesn’t seem to work.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)