Dec 27, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
The battle between the Blackhawks and Canucks continues to rage on. Instead of on NHL ice, this next slice of one of the league’s best rivalries occurs during a shootout in a Swiss National League game. The combatants? Chicago’s Patrick Kane and Vancouver’s eventual No. 1 goalie Cory Schneider.
Kane, suiting up for EHC Biel, got a chance to flex his deking muscles in such a way he had to have made Schneider, playing for Ambri-Piotta, fall asleep. Check out the video here courtesy of HockeyWebCaster on YouTube.
If only they could’ve polished it off with an Oom-pah band rendition of “Chelsea Dagger” for good measure. Schneider might want to toss a poke-check in for good measure the next time these two see each other in the skills competition. The “frozen like a statue” move doesn’t seem to work.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 25
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 27
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 33
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)