Dec 27, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
Mason Raymond has become the fourth Canuck to sign overseas during the lockout, inking a deal with Swedish second division team Orebro.
Raymond, 27, has reportedly signed an 11-game, month-long contract with Orebro that will begin on Jan. 3.
The speedy winger is coming off a tough campaign with Vancouver, missing the first two months of the season while recovering from a severe back injury suffered during Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
All told, Raymond played 50 games in 2011-12, racking up 10G-10A-20PTS.
With Orebro, he’ll be skating alongside Toronto defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and ex-NHL forward Jared Aulin, a former Colorado draftee that saw time with the Kings in 2002-03.
Both Raymond and Aulin are from Alberta, and both are alumni of the same Triple-A bantam team in Medicine Hat.
As mentioned above, “MayRay” becomes just the fourth Canuck to have signed an overseas deal during the lockout, joining goalie Cory Schneider (Switzerland) and fellow forwards Dale Weise (with Tillburg in the Dutch league) and Jannik Hansen (with Tappara of Finland’s SM-liiga.)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 29
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)