Dec 27, 2012, 10:32 AM EST
Mason Raymond has become the fourth Canuck to sign overseas during the lockout, inking a deal with Swedish second division team Orebro.
Raymond, 27, has reportedly signed an 11-game, month-long contract with Orebro that will begin on Jan. 3.
The speedy winger is coming off a tough campaign with Vancouver, missing the first two months of the season while recovering from a severe back injury suffered during Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
All told, Raymond played 50 games in 2011-12, racking up 10G-10A-20PTS.
With Orebro, he’ll be skating alongside Toronto defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and ex-NHL forward Jared Aulin, a former Colorado draftee that saw time with the Kings in 2002-03.
Both Raymond and Aulin are from Alberta, and both are alumni of the same Triple-A bantam team in Medicine Hat.
As mentioned above, “MayRay” becomes just the fourth Canuck to have signed an overseas deal during the lockout, joining goalie Cory Schneider (Switzerland) and fellow forwards Dale Weise (with Tillburg in the Dutch league) and Jannik Hansen (with Tappara of Finland’s SM-liiga.)
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)