Dec 27, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
Mason Raymond has become the fourth Canuck to sign overseas during the lockout, inking a deal with Swedish second division team Orebro.
Raymond, 27, has reportedly signed an 11-game, month-long contract with Orebro that will begin on Jan. 3.
The speedy winger is coming off a tough campaign with Vancouver, missing the first two months of the season while recovering from a severe back injury suffered during Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
All told, Raymond played 50 games in 2011-12, racking up 10G-10A-20PTS.
With Orebro, he’ll be skating alongside Toronto defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and ex-NHL forward Jared Aulin, a former Colorado draftee that saw time with the Kings in 2002-03.
Both Raymond and Aulin are from Alberta, and both are alumni of the same Triple-A bantam team in Medicine Hat.
As mentioned above, “MayRay” becomes just the fourth Canuck to have signed an overseas deal during the lockout, joining goalie Cory Schneider (Switzerland) and fellow forwards Dale Weise (with Tillburg in the Dutch league) and Jannik Hansen (with Tappara of Finland’s SM-liiga.)
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)