Dec 27, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
Mason Raymond has become the fourth Canuck to sign overseas during the lockout, inking a deal with Swedish second division team Orebro.
Raymond, 27, has reportedly signed an 11-game, month-long contract with Orebro that will begin on Jan. 3.
The speedy winger is coming off a tough campaign with Vancouver, missing the first two months of the season while recovering from a severe back injury suffered during Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
All told, Raymond played 50 games in 2011-12, racking up 10G-10A-20PTS.
With Orebro, he’ll be skating alongside Toronto defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and ex-NHL forward Jared Aulin, a former Colorado draftee that saw time with the Kings in 2002-03.
Both Raymond and Aulin are from Alberta, and both are alumni of the same Triple-A bantam team in Medicine Hat.
As mentioned above, “MayRay” becomes just the fourth Canuck to have signed an overseas deal during the lockout, joining goalie Cory Schneider (Switzerland) and fellow forwards Dale Weise (with Tillburg in the Dutch league) and Jannik Hansen (with Tappara of Finland’s SM-liiga.)
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 16
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 20
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 57
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 23
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car