Dec 27, 2012, 10:32 AM EST
Mason Raymond has become the fourth Canuck to sign overseas during the lockout, inking a deal with Swedish second division team Orebro.
Raymond, 27, has reportedly signed an 11-game, month-long contract with Orebro that will begin on Jan. 3.
The speedy winger is coming off a tough campaign with Vancouver, missing the first two months of the season while recovering from a severe back injury suffered during Game 6 of the 2011 Stanley Cup finals.
All told, Raymond played 50 games in 2011-12, racking up 10G-10A-20PTS.
With Orebro, he’ll be skating alongside Toronto defenseman Carl Gunnarsson and ex-NHL forward Jared Aulin, a former Colorado draftee that saw time with the Kings in 2002-03.
Both Raymond and Aulin are from Alberta, and both are alumni of the same Triple-A bantam team in Medicine Hat.
As mentioned above, “MayRay” becomes just the fourth Canuck to have signed an overseas deal during the lockout, joining goalie Cory Schneider (Switzerland) and fellow forwards Dale Weise (with Tillburg in the Dutch league) and Jannik Hansen (with Tappara of Finland’s SM-liiga.)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 38
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 115
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (115)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)