Dec 27, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Red Wings prospect Tomas Tatar is enjoying a successful start to the season with the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins. The 22-year-old winger has 11 goals and 12 assists in 27 games and, according to Wings assistant general manager Jim Nill, is playing at a high level on a regular basis.
“The one thing that’s been real noticeable is his consistency,” Nill told the Detroit News about the 60th overall pick in the 2009 draft. “From the first game, he’s been consistent and there haven’t been the ups and downs.”
Consistency is a typical challenge for younger players. Just this year, for example, we’ve seen Nazem Kadri and Joe Colbone made healthy scratches with the Marlies (Toronto) and Zack Kassian and Jordan Schroeder getting a night in the press box with the Wolves (Vancouver).
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15