Dec 27, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Red Wings prospect Tomas Tatar is enjoying a successful start to the season with the AHL’s Grand Rapids Griffins. The 22-year-old winger has 11 goals and 12 assists in 27 games and, according to Wings assistant general manager Jim Nill, is playing at a high level on a regular basis.
“The one thing that’s been real noticeable is his consistency,” Nill told the Detroit News about the 60th overall pick in the 2009 draft. “From the first game, he’s been consistent and there haven’t been the ups and downs.”
Consistency is a typical challenge for younger players. Just this year, for example, we’ve seen Nazem Kadri and Joe Colbone made healthy scratches with the Marlies (Toronto) and Zack Kassian and Jordan Schroeder getting a night in the press box with the Wolves (Vancouver).
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 4
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24