Dec 27, 2012, 10:27 PM EDT
As Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com hears from him, however, labor talks with the NHL haven’t been any fun and gives it a comparison worthy of sharing.
“It just seems like we’re chasing a chicken around, around and around and we can’t catch him. I don’t know if they’re trying to crush the union or what. We gave a lot.”
By now, we know where the rest of that statement is headed as he outlines what the players have conceded to the league in negotiations and how the NHL doesn’t seem interested in bargaining with them. Let’s face it though, if labor meetings involved both sides chasing chickens around the board room to solve pertinent issues, we’d at least have some entertainment out of this debacle.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 24
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8