Dec 27, 2012, 10:27 PM EST
As Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com hears from him, however, labor talks with the NHL haven’t been any fun and gives it a comparison worthy of sharing.
“It just seems like we’re chasing a chicken around, around and around and we can’t catch him. I don’t know if they’re trying to crush the union or what. We gave a lot.”
By now, we know where the rest of that statement is headed as he outlines what the players have conceded to the league in negotiations and how the NHL doesn’t seem interested in bargaining with them. Let’s face it though, if labor meetings involved both sides chasing chickens around the board room to solve pertinent issues, we’d at least have some entertainment out of this debacle.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 8
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 11
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33