Dec 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Danny Briere has signed a contract extension with Eisbaren Berlin that, unless the NHL returns, will keep the Flyers’ forward in Germany for the rest of the season.
Briere leads the Polar Bears with 33 points in 20 games and, according to his agent, Pat Brisson, has had no issues with the organization.
“They have been treating him first class,” said Brisson, per CSNPhilly.com.
On Jan. 5, Berlin will play an outdoor game in Nuremberg against the Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers at the 50,000-seat Frankenstadion.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 18
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 5
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 15
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 10
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4