Dec 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Danny Briere has signed a contract extension with Eisbaren Berlin that, unless the NHL returns, will keep the Flyers’ forward in Germany for the rest of the season.
Briere leads the Polar Bears with 33 points in 20 games and, according to his agent, Pat Brisson, has had no issues with the organization.
“They have been treating him first class,” said Brisson, per CSNPhilly.com.
On Jan. 5, Berlin will play an outdoor game in Nuremberg against the Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers at the 50,000-seat Frankenstadion.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)