Dec 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Danny Briere has signed a contract extension with Eisbaren Berlin that, unless the NHL returns, will keep the Flyers’ forward in Germany for the rest of the season.
Briere leads the Polar Bears with 33 points in 20 games and, according to his agent, Pat Brisson, has had no issues with the organization.
“They have been treating him first class,” said Brisson, per CSNPhilly.com.
On Jan. 5, Berlin will play an outdoor game in Nuremberg against the Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers at the 50,000-seat Frankenstadion.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5