Dec 27, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Danny Briere has signed a contract extension with Eisbaren Berlin that, unless the NHL returns, will keep the Flyers’ forward in Germany for the rest of the season.
Briere leads the Polar Bears with 33 points in 20 games and, according to his agent, Pat Brisson, has had no issues with the organization.
“They have been treating him first class,” said Brisson, per CSNPhilly.com.
On Jan. 5, Berlin will play an outdoor game in Nuremberg against the Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers at the 50,000-seat Frankenstadion.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 6
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 28
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)