Dec 26, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA still haven’t scheduled a meeting, but some scant details emerged to provide a little background info – even if those bits probably won’t add any hope.
First, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie cites a source who claims that the players are waiting on the owners to set discussions back into motion.
Also, the notion that the two sides haven’t even engaged in token discussions in 13 days* might not be totally true. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that they’ve at least had some contact lately.
These aren’t the bigger movements one would hope to hear about with 2012 nearly over and Bill Daly’s mid-January “point of no return” approaching, yet it’s (slightly) better than nothing.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)