Dec 26, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA still haven’t scheduled a meeting, but some scant details emerged to provide a little background info – even if those bits probably won’t add any hope.
First, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie cites a source who claims that the players are waiting on the owners to set discussions back into motion.
Also, the notion that the two sides haven’t even engaged in token discussions in 13 days* might not be totally true. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that they’ve at least had some contact lately.
These aren’t the bigger movements one would hope to hear about with 2012 nearly over and Bill Daly’s mid-January “point of no return” approaching, yet it’s (slightly) better than nothing.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)