Dec 26, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
The NHL and NHLPA still haven’t scheduled a meeting, but some scant details emerged to provide a little background info – even if those bits probably won’t add any hope.
First, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie cites a source who claims that the players are waiting on the owners to set discussions back into motion.
Also, the notion that the two sides haven’t even engaged in token discussions in 13 days* might not be totally true. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that they’ve at least had some contact lately.
These aren’t the bigger movements one would hope to hear about with 2012 nearly over and Bill Daly’s mid-January “point of no return” approaching, yet it’s (slightly) better than nothing.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5