Dec 26, 2012, 7:36 PM EST
The NHL and NHLPA still haven’t scheduled a meeting, but some scant details emerged to provide a little background info – even if those bits probably won’t add any hope.
First, RDS’ Renaud P. Lavoie cites a source who claims that the players are waiting on the owners to set discussions back into motion.
Also, the notion that the two sides haven’t even engaged in token discussions in 13 days* might not be totally true. ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports that they’ve at least had some contact lately.
These aren’t the bigger movements one would hope to hear about with 2012 nearly over and Bill Daly’s mid-January “point of no return” approaching, yet it’s (slightly) better than nothing.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)