Dec 26, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs organization is drawing some criticism about the way it handles players with possible concussions after Nazem Kadri eventually left a Toronto Marlies contest after taking an elbow to the head.
Kadri came right back out for the ensuing power play, only to eventually leave the game with what teammate Dallas Eakins called “headaches,” according to the Globe & Mail’s James Mirtle.
As mentioned earlier, some are questioning the way the Maple Leafs/Marlies handle potential concussion situations.
Defenseman Jake Gardiner suffered what seemed like a concussion on Dec. 8, but the organization appears hesitant to label it that way. (Mirtle reports that GM Brian Burke most recently described the symptoms as “whiplash.”)
The Leafs also got into similar (some might say semantic) arguments about James Reimer‘s possible concussion last season, with sites such as Leafs Nation arguing that they rushed him back too quickly.
It’s a troubling setback for Kadri, but some argue it’s also the latest example of an organization that needs to change its ways.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)